Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodgement Question

Options
  • 14-12-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hello

I have an ulster bank account and am lodging a cheque from the credit union to this account. The cheque is drawn on an ulster bank account but a different branch. Any idea how long it would take to clear into my ac?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello

I have an ulster bank account and am lodging a cheque from the credit union to this account. The cheque is drawn on an ulster bank account but a different branch. Any idea how long it would take to clear into my ac?
    Might I recommend starting a new thread instead of bumping an old thread over 3 years old in true necromancy style? It's the smell you see; embalment fluids don't age well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

Nody wrote: »
    Might I recommend starting a new thread instead of bumping an old thread over 3 years old in true necromancy style? It's the smell you see; embalment fluids don't age well.

you can suggest anything you want pet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You might also want to try the correct forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

On a slightly related note, my mother had terrible trouble with a local bank about a year ago. She went in with 2 cheques and a few grand in cash to lodge to more than one account. She handed the teller everything and gave him instructions as to what she wanted him to do. While at the counter, the teller told her there was an issue with one of the cheques but refused to tell her what was wrong. This really annoyed her because if there was an issue with the cheque she just wanted to know what was wrong so she could get it sorted. The teller said "I'll be back in a min, I have to speak to the manager". So he heads off leaving my mother there worrying about the cheque because it was important at the time that this would be lodged on time. In the mean time the young lad came back and asked her to stand aside while the cheque was being "investigated" and he proceeded to serve another customer. This really pi$$ed her off (as you can imagine), and eventually the manager came back and told her, that's fine all has cleared and sorry for the inconvenience. She then left the bank and drove home, still a bit shaken by the fact that she was made look like she was up to something in front of other customers.

At home she though, "sh1te!, I never got a receipt for the cash lodgment". So back she went to the bank and the teller she had spoken with was gone on lunch (conveniently). She went up to another teller and told them what had happened, but there was no sign of the cash behind the counter. She got the manager and told him the story and he said when the young lad comes back from lunch he would ask him what the story was and be in touch. Later that afternoon there was no call, so she got in touch and the manager said that the young fell was not aware of any cash sum. She the demanded that they check the CCTV, and they refused. Weeks passed and a lot of back and forth and eventually she got a letter of apology to say that they "found" her cash sum and that the relevant account would be credited. It turned out the young lad took the cash and was eventually caught.

For weeks they insisted that she was mistaken.

I left out the name of the bank intentionally, but it's one of the big ones and I'm sure it could happen in any bank. So my advise is to actively monitor all your transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nody wrote: »

But why do we get so many complaining when new threads are started. "Use the search Blah Blah"? Damned if you do - damned if you don't! :rolleyes:

It takes 3 days usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But why do we get so many complaining when new threads are started. "Use the search Blah Blah"? Damned if you do - damned if you don't! :rolleyes:

Because it's unrelated to the original thread, and in this case, irrelevant too. UB and BOI are two completely separate banks, with different systems and waiting times. The new post has nothing to do with the old thread, bar they are both about banks.

It takes 3 days usually.

my thoughts exactly ha ha. Anyway it has cleared already so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP please start a new thread in future rather than dragging up an old one. Additionally, thread moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    OP please start a new thread in future rather than dragging up an old one. Additionally, thread moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

bump :D

Advertisement