Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you run? and what do you run in?

• 14-12-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,
    I am doing some research for a marketing project on running footwear in Ireland, and I am looking for some information on what is the motivation behind people running, for both men and women. Also, what brand of running shoes's do you use? and have u, or would you ever consider tryin Under Armour running shoes?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Just so that I can direct this to the correct place, is this commerical or academic research?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 siooo88

sorry...should have said, its for a academic research for my strategic marketing class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Why do I run? to try to maintain/regain fitness.

Do I buy a particular running product/brand ? No, I don't buy any particular brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

run for health/fitness

run in asics keyanos (recommended by physio accompanied by insoles)

use underArmor tops in winter - would only consider running shoes if they were more comfertable than my current combo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I run because being fit, healthy and strong is the most incredible feeling in the world. :D

I'd consider under armour shoes but I probably wouldn't wear them, have recently bitten the bullet and branched out into two new brands with my shoes and the risk paid off, I've never been happier with my shoes I now have two different models which feel incredible on my feet, I can't see me changing my footwear at any point in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

OP, this book may be of interest to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

I run to get the weight down, get healthy, fit and happy! And because its addictive. I wear adidas shoes at the moment, never even knew under armour made shoes, thought it was just base layer gear they do.

Advertisement