Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash of the Titans - Supervillains

• 14-12-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

1. The Joker - P1 3pts
    2. Loki -P1 3pts
    3. Red Skull - P1 3pts
    4. Venom -
    5. Lex Luthor -
    6. The Lizard -
    7. The Green Goblin - P1 0pts
    8. Carnage - P1 0pts
    9. Two Face - P1 0pts

*************See Discussion Thread for format & rules************

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm giving this one to the Joker.
    Two-face is a bit of a loose cannon and the Joker's guile could easily manipulate him (like how he did in the Dark Knight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

The Joker. I think he'll always be more of an evil mastermind than twoface.

2-0 to The Joker.

(I missed this :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ive got to give it to the joker, i think he is more manipulative and can control 2 face to do his evil deed! even if 2 face has the upper hand joker will convince him not to finish him! then stab him in the eye! (too graphic?!! :p )

Joker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The joker, as he could probably prevent two face from flipping a coin.:P
    any schemes I've seen of the jokers seem to be better planned than any I've seen planned by two face.

If you can read this, you're too close!

4-0 to The Joker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thank God I caught this early, oh the fun we'll have :D

Whats the question again? :P

*Joker, far more smarts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Joker takes this purely on the intelligence factor.

Joker dominates in a 6-0 victory. Next one coming up.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

God vs. alien symbiote lifeform. Gotta give Loki this one on the power issue. Carnage would put up a good fight but Loki is a devious, nigh immortal.

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Loki would be my choice. He could probably come up with any number of magical ways to deal with carnage.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Loki. He'd prob convince Spider-man and Venom to go after Carnage, and not lift a finger.

What happens after... would not be pretty for Loki, but that's not what we're discussing :D

Interesting.... the Mask is an avatar of Loki, so Loki must share the Mask's powers...
    Based on that clip Loki seems to have a similar persona, not to mention speed and slinky movement similar to the Mask.
    Plus Loki being a God, probably can't get infected by symbioyes, so that gives him an advantage.
    I'll go with Loki, but Carnage to wound him in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Loki for me because he has strong magical abilities. He would be far too clever for Carnage imo.

Loki dominates, looks like I've made another Galactus gaffe. :pac: Next one coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gotta give it to GG. Fire power and flying ability win it IMO. Unless im overlooking the red skulls abilities

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think Norman's got this one.

didn't these two recently get in a power struggle in the Marvel U?

• Advertisement

I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for The Red Skull. His physical attributes rival those of Captain America and he is also proficient with all sorts of conventional weapons. Plus he has poison gas capable of killing within seconds conceled within his phoney cigarettes. Ad to this the fact that he is one of the greatest tacticians ever to grace the Marvel universe, I think he could grab a surprise victory here.

2-1 to the Green Goblin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'm gonna say Green Goblin. I mean his flying capabilities win it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The Red SKull,

GG just doesn't do it for me.

3-2 to GG.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for The Red Skull. His physical attributes rival those of Captain America and he is also proficient with all sorts of conventional weapons. Plus he has poison gas capable of killing within seconds conceled within his phoney cigarettes. Ad to this the fact that he is one of the greatest tacticians ever to grace the Marvel universe, I think he could grab a surprise victory here.
    I concur. Deutschland uber alles. Yes Red Skull wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Breaking through the sparse cloud cover, the Green Goblin circles the prepared arena and upon noting the single figure in the centre, he cuts thrust and glides down easily and lands a few feet from the fascist tomato. Striding from the glider, Goblin makes his intent of sharing a few verbal barbs clear. This will be a battle to remember with both combatants possessing great physical attributes and superior tactical skill, however the balance is that the Green Goblin excels in strength and Red Skull has the edge in mental capacity. Brains and brawn are the cards held but who knows which will be played.

Osborne removes his helmet and stows it under one arm while Skull reflects his nonchalance by lighting a cigarette, neither giving an inch even now, before the first blows have been exchanged. Those who have come to watch this installment of the Deadly Alliance from the distant stands can only make out the faint whispers swapped between the two combatants in the arena. Distance is important in viewing these fights as anything goes... and that includes unwilling audience participation.

With the verbal sparring nearing an end Osborne is screaming obscenities while Red Skull merely rebuts and takes a last leisurely drag on his cigarette before flicking it at the Green Goblins head. The cigarette impacts on his cheek before Osborne displays his lightning quick reflexes by catching the cigarette out of the air and grinning sardonically, grinding the butt into the dirt and striding back to his glider, replacing his helmet as he goes. But now it is the Red Skulls turn to grin as the Goblin stumbles and collapses to the ground sending his helmet spinning from his head to reveal a hideous sight... red bloated, hairless flesh where Norman Osbornes head once was. It's the dust of death and this fight is over.

Red Skull takes it by a nose... despite not having one.

4-3 to The Red Skull.

24 hours have elapsed, Red Skull takes it in a tight victory.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement