Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash of the Titans - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ive given up on logic. Green lantern indeed. You all just hate supes cause i love him.

Well i love prime too. So nah!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Pter wrote: »
    Ive given up on logic. Green lantern indeed. You all just hate supes cause i love him.

Well i love prime too. So nah!!!
    Wait, we're supposed to be using logic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

This Prime fight looks like fanboy madness. Loki can do all sorts of magic and shiz, Prime is kinda limited to transforming (which is cool) but, Loki can transform more... and Prime has a gun... but Loki has dark magic... apparently he was more powerful than Dr. Strange, or so the Wiki says... so, yeah, pretty bad ass... plus he managed to survive despite having his head chopped off.

I can see Prime winning, but only because we all played with the toys... and Loki is a jerk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Prime wins because he doesn't believe in Loki, thereby reducing Loki's power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fewcifur wrote: »
    This Prime fight looks like fanboy madness. Loki can do all sorts of magic and shiz, Prime is kinda limited to transforming (which is cool) but, Loki can transform more... and Prime has a gun... but Loki has dark magic... apparently he was more powerful than Dr. Strange, or so the Wiki says... so, yeah, pretty bad ass... plus he managed to survive despite having his head chopped off.

This man speaks the truth! :(

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    This man speaks the truth! :(
    True but as I pointed out Loki is god who relies on belief of followers to empower him. Prime has no such religious beliefs as such Loki would be at a severe disadvantage facing him.

Using that logic I could say this whole thing is pointless because they all come from separate Universes.:pac:

Or someone could create a shared universe where they all coexist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Or someone could create a shared universe where they all coexist.

....and then fight!

Ha, now I want the tourney to end with a big 54 character over the top rope battle royale. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ha, now I want the tourney to end with a big 54 character over the top rope battle royale. :p

gettin in the mood for the rumble ye?! ;)

Bah, my rumble will have more credibility than Vinnie Mac's! John Cena cashed in his title shot at No Way Out a few years ago FFS! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can see Prime winning, but only because we all played with the toys... and Loki is a jerk.

Ok... but prime is super charged by magical spiritual energy running through him. He's much more than just a robot. He is effectively the living avatar of a god.

In fact, Prime has defeated and killed evil gods in Transformers fiction manies the time.

Also, when it comes to surviving death, I bet Prime's got Loki beat there too.

Interesting, how many of our combatants have died (not appeared to die in an explosion or something, but actually died well n' proper), only to come back somehow?

My heart says Connor, my head says Red Skull.

My heart all the way, :pac:

*looks at watches, curse Mickey* :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

*looks at watches, curse Mickey* :P

Sorry Dude, lost track after the transformers and other comic peeps I didn't know.

*Don't tell Doom or the other Transformer loonies fans :P

I only know Prime from his cartoon days, so I checked out the Wiki... still nothing in it that'd suggest he could take Loki.

I guess this battle will be to me what Superman vs GL is to Pter :p

I only know Prime from his cartoon days, so I checked out the Wiki... still nothing in it that'd suggest he could take Loki.

I guess this battle will be to me what Superman vs GL is to Pter :p
    Go look at Ash Williams vs. most anyone in thyese tournaments. I have yet to swing the vote in his favor.

Go look at Ash Williams vs. most anyone in thyese tournaments. I have yet to swing the vote in his favor.

Chainsaw hand vs adamantium doesn't bode well, for example. But in a "I've no super powers" battle... hmmm... I may subscribe to your pamphlet.

Just wait. Ash will conquer all soon enough.

• Advertisement

Ah, he killed Bateman. Not may can say that.
    Except Bret Easton Ellis and Mila Kunis oddly enough

At first I though Pred would walk this, but thinking about it Angel has thwarted the apocalypse a few times. Hard one to call. Anyway the winner will join the following in the QF;

• Green Lantern
    • Thor
    • Optimus Prime
    • Yoda
    • Red Skull
    • Venom
    • Ultron

It's going to get very tight in the QFs, very tight indeed.

Thor VS GL is a tough one. I'm pretty sure I'm going to abstain, because Thor VS GL is just like Superman VS GL ... and I think I'm losing faith in the Green Lantern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I think Thor wins - he's the god of thunder and lightning afterall - then there's the hammer mjolnir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

i have a feeling this will end up like robot wars.

I've already layed out the semi, it's

Thor -v- Venom

Optimus Prime -v- Ulron/Angel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

i have a feeling this will end up like robot wars.

First contestant to get flipped over loses?

I've already layed out the semi, it's

Thor -v- Venom

Optimus Prime -v- Ulron/Angel
    Prime vs. Ultron.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Ultron hammered Prime before.

Oooh, when?

Advertisement