Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash of the Titans - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No one else mentioned Loki's connection with the Mask...

I is nerd king! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Galvasean wrote: »
    No one else mentioned Loki's connection with the Mask...

I is nerd king! :D
    Hail the nerd king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Try looking here.

Yup, was just about to go through that. I do believe that I fluffed this ever so slightly, Loki perhaps should be in the magical powers league instead of the super-villains league. However, it is what you make of it, there aren't any rules that say "Oh I can't go against Loki, he has too much power." If you can justify a Loki defeat in your head then that's good enough for me.

Also, bear in mind that each character only has two bouts each in the league, it's not as if Loki can run away with this. It also goes without saying that the last 16 will be a lot harder to progress through than the respective leagues where there are "whipping boys."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yup, was just about to go through that. I do believe that I fluffed this ever so slightly, Loki perhaps should be in the magical powers league instead of the super-villains league. However, it is what you make of it, there aren't any rules that say "Oh I can't go against Loki, he has too much power." If you can justify a Loki defeat in your head then that's good enough for me.

Also, bear in mind that each character only has two bouts each in the league, it's not as if Loki can run away with this. It also goes without saying that the last 16 will be a lot harder to progress through than the respective leagues where there are "whipping boys."
    Yeah except for the poor bastards from the human division in the final 16. They may be a bit overmatched.

Yeah except for the poor bastards from the human division in the final 16. They may be a bit overmatched.

If there is a reason for the Human League it is that they are masters of resourcefulness. I agree, they'd have a mountain to climb, but I wouldn't completely rule them out of having a decent run in the last 16. But do they have a chance of winning? No chance.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If there is a reason for the Human League it is that they are masters of resourcefulness. I agree, they'd have a mountain to climb, but I wouldn't completely rule them out of having a decent run in the last 16. But do they have a chance of winning? No chance.
    Yeah, they may come close, but they will fail in the end

Pfft, Frank Castle beat Spider-Man. Sarah Connor beat the Terminator. Ripley beat Aliens. Danny Glover beat the Predator.
    Don't underestimate da hoomies!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Humans pretty much killified Megatron in the first Transformers movie too.

I call BS on that one though.

Pfft, Frank Castle beat Spider-Man. Sarah Connor beat the Terminator. Ripley beat Aliens. Danny Glover beat the Predator.
    Don't underestimate da hoomies!
    Yeah, wasn't he falling over after his victory though

Yeah, wasn't he falling over after his victory though

That's more than can be said for the Pred. ;)

• Advertisement

That's more than can be said for the Pred. ;)
    What about his friends?

What about his friends?

Some friends. They seemed happy to be rid of him!

1. The Joker - P1 D+6 3pts
    2. Loki -P1 D+6 3pts
    3. Venom - P1 D+4 3pts
    4. Red Skull - P1 D+1 3pts
    5. Lex Luthor -
    6. The Green Goblin - P1 D-1 0pts
    7. The Lizard - P1 D-4 0pts
    8. Carnage - P1 D-6 0pts
    9. Two Face - P1 D-6 0pts

I've implemented score differences just in case we're top heavy with a load of 6pters.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Re: Luthor caring about his public image too much to pull out all the stops on the Joker....

Luthor has kept a dual life hidden even better than superman and batman. If anyone can manage to annihilate someone given his huge resources, without it getting out into the public domain, then its Luthor.

The joker is great and all and we all miss Heath, but Luthor outsmarted and outmaneauvered Darkseid, who is a god and plans things 100's of years in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The Joker has Mark Hamill.

Ah who am I kidding, I've already written my entry but it's too long.

Pter wrote: »
    Re: Luthor caring about his public image too much to pull out all the stops on the Joker....

Luthor has kept a dual life hidden even better than superman and batman. If anyone can manage to annihilate someone given his huge resources, without it getting out into the public domain, then its Luthor.

The joker is great and all and we all miss Heath, but Luthor outsmarted and outmaneauvered Darkseid, who is a god and plans things 100's of years in advance.

Most random statement of the day. :p

Bloody Bat bloody characters. No way the Joker'd stand a seconds chance with Luthors resources and intelligence. No way at all.

1. Venom - P2 D+5 6pts
    2. The Joker - P2 D+6 4pts
    3. Loki -P1 D+6 3pts
    4. Red Skull - P1 D+1 3pts
    5. Lex Luthor - P1 D0 1pt
    6. The Green Goblin - P1 D-1 0pts
    7. The Lizard - P1 D-4 0pts
    8. Two Face - P1 D-6 0pts
    9. Carnage - P2 D-7 0pts

Bloody Bat bloody characters. No way the Joker'd stand a seconds chance with Luthors resources and intelligence. No way at all.
    Outsiders vol.2 #1-4
    Joker captures Luthor and tortures him. He caught him by actually being a criminal genius.

Hang on, doesn't Venom have Spider-Man's abilities too? I thought that was kinda the point.

• Advertisement

Hang on, doesn't Venom have Spider-Man's abilities too? I thought that was kinda the point.
    Yeah, Carnage has Spider-Man and Venom's abilities combined. However, Eddie Brock was a stronger baseline physical specimen than Peter Parker was. Therefore when the symbiote bonded to him he was actually stronger than Spider-Man

Outsiders vol.2 #1-4
    Joker captures Luthor and tortures him. He caught him by actually being a criminal genius.

And how many times has Lex outsmarted the Joker?

They've been on many "anti justice leagues of america" together over the years.

And how many times has Lex outsmarted the Joker?

They've been on many "anti justice leagues of america" together over the years.
    Yeah, he shoulda killed Lex while he still had the killer apes on his side

Outsiders vol.2 #1-4

Luthor survives. What happened next?

Pter wrote: »
    Luthor survives. What happened next?
    Joker escaped, and lived to prank again another day

1. Loki -P2 D+12 6pts
    2. Red Skull - P2 D+6 6pts
    3. Venom - P2 D+5 6pts
    4. The Joker - P2 D+6 4pts
    5. Lex Luthor - P2 D+2 4pts
    6. The Green Goblin - P2 D-3 0pts
    7. Carnage - P2 D-7 0pts
    8. The Lizard - P2 D-10 0pts
    9. Two Face - P2 D-11 0pts

LZ, i hope im not overstepping my bounds by posting this.

Guys, posting numbers are shocking for the tournament. LZ and i discussed this at the beers on Sat and introduced the no explanation rule to try and get a wider spread of people involved, but i dont think im wrong in saying/asking that everyone should ask people to join in and post, no matter their level of knowledge. It may be that we have scared off some people who dont, lets say, read as much comics as we do or have seen as many japanese transforming robot based cartoons.

Since we arent allowed to pimp the tournament in, oh, i dont know, the new lair, maybe everyone could just msn or pm or chat to any nocs or boardsies they know so that they can get involved.

It worked with Master of Nothing when i shouted at him for not posting. (fair play to him, he has started)

I will go round to all your houses and shout at you if i have to!!!!

DONT MAKE ME!! :P

Not overstepping at all Peter. I just wanna say that everyone is absolutely welcome to take part, I'm delighted to see new guys such as Jak and MoN taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

What's the next league?

• Advertisement

Jako8 wrote: »
    What's the next league?

Monsters & Vampires, I've hit a bit of an embarassing snag. I've got nine in the group, same as in the last one, but I've got an odd one out somehow. It worked fine for the last one, every one got two. :confused: Bare with me.:p

Advertisement