Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clash of the Titans - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Depends if im him or him

Yes a predator is a tougher prospect, but they live in different universes, and when you compare the challenges they both overcame, i think McClane did better with less.

He is tougher and more resourceful and yeah, i think he would do well against pred too.

I feel voilated :p

For the record, can I just say, forbidding discussion or comments on the comp thread is bad form.

Most people who just happen to come onto the thread just see a name and no back up, it won't sway them to vote, a lot of the characters will be unknown to and some peeps may never have seen/heard of before (Nudges Doom :pac:), once a competion is live, posts to aid in swaying should be allowed. Not everyone knows there is a discussion thread.

Plus the flip side of the coin, which LZ and i have discussed at length, is that long 'involved' explanations of votes in the voting thread scare off people who might feel intimidated by the breadth and depth of our combined knowledge. I mean at one stage a fight was won something like 3-0. We want as many people as possible to feel they can take part and at the same time, we have this thread for you and i and Doom and anyone else to get stuck in.

I also keep reminding people of this thread. We are tryin to help and make it run smoothly.

My god i hate Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

1. Sarah Connor P1 D+5 3pts
    2. Dutch P1 D+4 3pts
    3. Batman P1 D+4 3pts
    4. Ash P1 D0 1pts
    5. Ripley P1 D0 1pts
    6. Aragorn
    7. Rambo P1 D-4 0pts
    8. McClane P1 D-4 0pts
    9. Hannibal P1 D-5 0pts
    *Only Top 2 qualify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Just keep the discussion on the main thread to the "live" fight. It becomes a nightmare to count otherwise. Trust me. Rest of the chat goes here, it's how the last one worked.

Anyway it's not like I'm banning or infracting people, just asking them to do LZ a fave. :)
    Pter wrote: »
    Plus the flip side of the coin, which LZ and i have discussed at length, is that long 'involved' explanations of votes in the voting thread scare off people who might feel intimidated by the breadth and depth of our combined knowledge. I mean at one stage a fight was won something like 3-0. We want as many people as possible to feel they can take part and at the same time, we have this thread for you and i and Doom and anyone else to get stuck in.

I also keep reminding people of this thread. We are tryin to help and make it run smoothly.

Fair enough, and I do know these things take up a huge amount of time and effort so fair play to ye,

Picked LZ'z brain at a recent beers on the tournaments and it made my head hurt :)

any chance of a link to the discussion thread when match up is unveiled?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fair enough, and I do know these things take up a huge amount of time and effort so fair play to ye,

Picked LZ'z brain at a recent beers on the tournaments and it made my head hurt :)

any chance of a link to the discussion thread when match up is unveiled?

That there be a really good idea.

Is this super ninja xenomorph Ripley or bog standard?

Standard

Do ya mean put in a link to this thread every time I post a match up? I can do that. And Mickey, I hope I didn't make your head hurt in the bad way. :p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Do ya mean put in a link to this thread every time I post a match up? I can do that. And Mickey, I hope I didn't make your head hurt in the bad way. :p

Oh, god. IBR.

Oh, god. IBR.

At the risk of embarassing myself, I must ask that you elaborate on that abbreviation. ;):p

• Advertisement

At the risk of embarassing myself, I must ask that you elaborate on that abbreviation. ;):p

In Before Randy.

:)

HAHAHA

I want an abbreviation too.

It ll be the new thing after the Noc titles

In Before Randy.

:)

Ah. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

didn't you read the nocturnal dictionary? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It was all good,baby :pac:

didn't you read the nocturnal dictionary? :D

I really need some inspiration to update that.

Ill give you a free case of lucozade if you do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm abstaining from Ash v Ripley. Can't call it myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm abstaining from Ash v Ripley. Can't call it myself.
    Vote for the man who deals with his problems by himself and doesn't wait for other people to soften up the opposition first. Also how about a little sympathy for the guy who had to cut his own damned hand off then spend an hour fighting it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Why do you keep putting Ash through this LZ. The guy has never actually made it past round one you know.
    *Wanders off to beat head against wall*

• Advertisement

What does it say about Ash when he can't even take his fellow human? ;):p

Why do you keep putting Ash through this LZ. The guy has never actually made it past round one you know.
    *Wanders off to beat head against wall*

I seem to recall him massacring Patrick Bateman in one of the earlier tournies.

Wonder if I'll knab any new recruits:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782004

Fair play. The guy who posted first seems....to have his opinions. Ahem

Magic trumps guns.

Better tracking trumps guns.

BIG sword trumps guns

What does it say about Ash when he can't even take his fellow human? ;):p
    Says he has a weak fan base

Says he has a weak fan base

Bah, the man has a cult following thanks to Evil Dead and Spider-Man. :p

Weak fan base here on boards

Weak fan base here on boards

But we're all nerds on boards. :pac:

• Advertisement

people just don't respect his ability to cause destruction then. I've justified his victory countless times, but no one ever listens to me:(.

You dont argue logic with the mob of Rome...

Big fan of the Ash character but I just don't buy the arguments for him cybes... sorry!

Big fan of the Ash character but I just don't buy the arguments for him cybes... sorry!
    I'll admit my defense of his conquest of Godzilla was a bit of a logical stretch but it could have worked...........

Rambo v Dutch.

G'wan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rambo v Dutch.

G'wan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ash vs. Hannibal
    ]Come on, classic brains vs. brawn fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ash vs. Hannibal

"Old double-barrel here, blow your guts to Kingdom Come!"

Ash vs. Hannibal

Brains havent faired too well in this tourney, unless said combatant has powers/equipment to supplement them.
    Sure Hannibal is a smooth operator, but he's not gonna wrestle a chainsaw wielding maniac to the ground. Or survive being shot at for that matter.

Brains havent faired too well in this tourney, unless said combatant has powers/equipment to supplement them.
    Sure Hannibal is a smooth operator, but he's not gonna wrestle a chainsaw wielding maniac to the ground. Or survive being shot at for that matter.
    yeah, I know.
    "Hello Mr. Williams."
    "BOOM!"

1. Batman P2 D+9 6pts
    2. Sarah Connor P1 D+5 3pts
    3. Dutch P1 D+4 3pts
    4. Ash P1 D0 1pts
    5. Ripley P1 D0 1pts
    6. Aragorn P1 D0 1pts
    7. Rambo P2 D-4 1pts
    8. McClane P1 D-4 0pts
    9. Hannibal P2 D-10 0pts
    *Only Top 2 qualify

What about an all-human tourney. Hero vs. Villian until only one remains
    Yes, I have it ready to go.

• Advertisement

Damn the lack of material relating to Ripley on YouTube! :( I think I'm going to ditch the videos for the last 16, I might do introduction write ups instead.

Damn the lack of material relating to Ripley on YouTube! :( I think I'm going to ditch the videos for the last 16, I might do introduction write ups instead.
    I having similar problems finding clips for certain folks

1. Sarah Connor P2 D+10 6pts
    2. Batman P2 D+9 6pts
    3. Dutch P2 D+6 6pts
    4. Ash P1 D0 1pts
    5. Aragorn P2 D-2 1pts
    6. Rambo P2 D-4 1pts
    7. McClane P1 D-4 0pts
    8. Ripley P2 D-5 1pts
    9. Hannibal P2 D-10 0pts

Meh, least Ash got a point

I can't believe there is even a debate going on re: Dutch v Aragorn.

Dutch is a supreme badass and would take Aragorn.

The next one of these tournaments could have an Arnie section:
    • Dutch
    • John Matrix
    • Jack "Last Action Hero" Slater
    • Ben "The Running Man" Richards
    • Conan
    • Douglas Quaid
    • Harry Tasker
    • Kalidor
    • Ivan Danko
    • John "The Eraser" Kruger

Don't forget T-800,
    Gordy Brewer (Collateral Damage),
    Adam Gibson (the 6th Day),
    Jericho Cane (End of Days) - he beat up the devil for crying out loud!
    Mr. Freeze,
    Howard Langston (Jingle All The Way)
    and Hercules.

Right boys and girls, Human League is ending with a meaningless battle but we've still got work to do. :p As I said, the top two are only going through, and as you can see, we've got three characters on 6pts. I'm thinking Sarah goes through because she has the best difference, while Batman and Dutch face off in a sudden death battle for the final spot. Everyone cool with that?

Works quite well for me

Emmm...does Batman not have a better difference....?

Sarah actually did better at dominating her opposition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement