Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash of the Titans - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

think it depends.

I could see Rambo taking it, if they were both in a jungle with limitd resources.

However if Batman was in a city and near his batcave he would take it easily.

Strip away all the fancy toys, it would be really close.

I dunno, didn't brucey train with mercs for this very scenario?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

yeah, but it's different training with a group and actually being one full time. Take the Bat out of his tights and he is just a man. I've seen Rambo take on and beat entire armies :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Scenario being a fight against the best green beret ever produced?

Scenario being a fight against the best green beret ever produced?

Well... yeah, kinda.

David Cain trained him to take on all kinds of military situations if memory serves.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Well... yeah, kinda.

David Cain trained him to take on all kinds of military situations if memory serves.
    Question then becomes could David Cain beat Rambo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Question then becomes could David Cain beat Rambo?

Well Bats would consistently be portrayed as having exceeded his master type of thing. the real interesting fight to me would be Batman vs Cassandra Cain, but I don't think it'd ever happen in one of these :)

Rhyme wrote: »

Totally got there first. :)

Well Bats would consistently be portrayed as having exceeded his master type of thing. the real interesting fight to me would be Batman vs Cassandra Cain, but I don't think it'd ever happen in one of these :)
    I know Cassandra took Shiva in a fight. Can't remember if Bruce ever did though.

I know Cassandra took Shiva in a fight. Can't remember if Bruce ever did though.

I don't keep up but last time I did check I think DC were actively keeping the question out there if Cassandra or Bruce was the top martial artist in the DCU open.

• Advertisement

I don't keep up but last time I did check I think DC were actively keeping the question out there if Cassandra or Bruce was the top martial artist in the DCU open.
    Last I looked Bruce was actually ranked as seventh worldwide.

Last I looked Bruce was actually ranked as seventh worldwide.

Actually, you may be right, as Black Canary was hugley upgraded post Shiva training and Green Arrow recieved a huge power buff in one year later, to the point were he took out deathstroke.

That Green Arrow arc was awesomeness. Also you met the freak who trained Deathstroke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Pter wrote: »
    If you were in a fight with Rocky (in his prime) you think you could outsmart him?

Probably but he would still kick any of our asses.

Life isnt as nice as rewarding smarts over brawns everytime methinks
    I just meant that Doc Frank might have been able to use a gizmo from the lab to fight the Pred. Still think the Pred would win, but he might have stood a better chance than Frankenstein's monster, who lasted the best part of 3 seconds.

That Green Arrow arc was awesomeness. Also you met the freak who trained Deathstroke.

Yup. I really liked it too. It really worked for Oliver's character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Totally got there first. :)

I'm slow.

Hurf durf.

Someone explain this Dutch dude to me.

Someone explain this Dutch dude to me.
    Military special ops. Managed to beat a predator one on one.

Sorry. Couple of drinks brain fart. I know who he is. :D

Sorry. Couple of drinks brain fart. I know who he is. :D
    Figured it was something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

WHERES DANNY GLOVER THEN!!!???!!!

And furthermore, neither Arnie nor Danny beat a fully fledged Pred. They beat preds on a training rite, IIRC. Its the difference between winning a slow bicycle race on a unicycle or on a tricycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

WHERES DANNY GLOVER THEN!!!???!!!

And furthermore, neither Arnie nor Danny beat a fully fledged Pred. They beat preds on a training rite, IIRC. Its the difference between winning a slow bicycle race on a unicycle or on a tricycle.

If they are Predator rookies does that make the ones in AVP drunken Predator frat boys?
    While am at it, if the one in AVPR is supposed to be an experienced veteran, then why is he is he such a bloody eijit?

Galvasean wrote: »
    If they are Predator rookies does that make the ones in AVP drunken Predator frat boys?

Yes
    Galvasean wrote: »
    While am at it, if the one in AVPR is supposed to be an experienced veteran, then why is he is he such a bloody eijit?

Batman is supposed to be the pinacle of human achievement, intelligence and endeavour, yet Joel Schumacher couldnt direct his way into or out of Batmans cape (Source: Batman and Robin). As franchises continue, they get diluted. AVPR is more confirmation of this.

You know that Predator from one of the very first AvP comics... I think his name was Broken tooth?

That was a hardcore Pred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Nah, not a hope. McClane is a city cop, take him out of his enviroment and he is screwed. Dutch is a trained at any and every situation, he would be equally dangerous in any enviroment.

For me, Dutch has too many skills in his book to be beaten by the likes of McClane.

Nope, especially in a city environment McClane would have the upper hand Dutch would be out of his territory. In the jungle..I think it would be close..Dutch can hide but so can McClane it would be close in that case but im gonna have to say McClane again.

Bajingo wrote: »
    Nope, especially in a city environment McClane would have the upper hand Dutch would be out of his territory. In the jungle..I think it would be close..Dutch can hide but so can McClane it would be close in that case but im gonna have to say McClane again.

McClane is a detective, a hard ass one at that, but Dutch is Special forces. Differance in training and experiance. McClane couldn't handle Dutch.

Lets look at accomplishments here. McClane, without the training that Dutch got, managed to foil a large group of crack east german terrorists. Mostly without a gun.

Dutch had a crack team of commandos, armed to the teeth, got them all killed, barely survived himself (did he survive the suicide blast, i cant remember) and was fighting one being (albeit a Pred).

McClanes lack of 'training' hasnt held him back before. He can take a hell of alot more punishment that Dutch can.

I feel voilated :p

For the record, can I just say, forbidding discussion or comments on the comp thread is bad form.

Most people who just happen to come onto the thread just see a name and no back up, it won't sway them to vote, a lot of the characters will be unknown to and some peeps may never have seen/heard of before (Nudges Doom :pac:), once a competion is live, posts to aid in swaying should be allowed. Not everyone knows there is a discussion thread.

Lets look at accomplishments here. McClane, without the training that Dutch got, managed to foil a large group of crack east german terrorists. Mostly without a gun.

Dutch had a crack team of commandos, armed to the teeth, got them all killed, barely survived himself (did he survive the suicide blast, i cant remember) and was fighting one being (albeit a Pred).

McClanes lack of 'training' hasnt held him back before. He can take a hell of alot more punishment that Dutch can.

Would you rather fight some Geman terrorists or Predator?

• Advertisement

I feel voilated :p

For the record, can I just say, forbidding discussion or comments on the comp thread is bad form.

Most people who just happen to come onto the thread just see a name and no back up, it won't sway them to vote, a lot of the characters will be unknown to and some peeps may never have seen/heard of before (Nudges Doom :pac:), once a competion is live, posts to aid in swaying should be allowed. Not everyone knows there is a discussion thread.

Just keep the discussion on the main thread to the "live" fight. It becomes a nightmare to count otherwise. Trust me. Rest of the chat goes here, it's how the last one worked.

Anyway it's not like I'm banning or infracting people, just asking them to do LZ a fave. :)

Advertisement