Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strikeforce dec19th??

Options
  • 14-12-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone know were i can watch this fight card?
    The last strikeforce event was on bravo on the sunday, just like it used to be when they had ufc, but its not on the programe page yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

That was only because M-1 was involved with the last show. I would like to see Strikeforce get a deal of their own but I doubt they will get one in time for this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looks to be a decent card, Cung Le is back finally but for how long? Seems more interested in movies these days and he is not a young fighter (37?) far from being past it but just had me thinking that he stands to make far more from movies than fighting.

Either way always a treat to see him fight and a shame it's not being aired over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

The last strikeforce card was one of my favourites of the year. This one looks pretty ****ty in comparison. They should have got diaz or shamrock on this card somehow, to beef it up a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The last strikeforce card was one of my favourites of the year. This one looks pretty ****ty in comparison. They should have got diaz or shamrock on this card somehow, to beef it up a little.

Diaz would have to show up for a drug test first.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

You have to be kidding.

Just tell me where exactly this card is weak?

-Cung Le (6-0) vs. Scott Smith (16-6)
    -Josh Thompson (16-2) vs. Gilbert Melendez (16-2)
    -Robbie Lawler (18-5; #7 Middleweight) vs. Trevor Prangley (22-5)
    -Matt Lindland (21-6) vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2)
    -Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) vs. Mike Whitehead (24-6)
    -Scott Lighty (5-0) vs. Antwain Britt (9-3)
    -Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (16-13) vs. TBA

This is a fantastic card & I will be watching it LIVE!!!!

peter p if you have decent bandwidth I can show you where you can watch it live for as little as €2 if you're intersted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

That looks like an awesome card.
    As regards watching it I've given up on trying to find streams etc for shows that are not on ESPN etc.. (except for the Fedor fight) and just spend an hour or two downloading them the next day. Someone had UFC 107 on megaupload 2-3 hours after it finished. Great quality also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Looking forward to lindland King Mo and santos, btw you sure about cyborgs record? 16-13 seems a bit weak for her.

Looking forward to lindland King Mo and santos, btw you sure about cyborgs record? 16-13 seems a bit weak for her.

That's Mr. Cyborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

barochoc wrote: »
    You have to be kidding.

Just tell me where exactly this card is weak?

-Cung Le (6-0) vs. Scott Smith (16-6)
    -Josh Thompson (16-2) vs. Gilbert Melendez (16-2)
    -Robbie Lawler (18-5; #7 Middleweight) vs. Trevor Prangley (22-5)
    -Matt Lindland (21-6) vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2)
    -Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) vs. Mike Whitehead (24-6)
    -Scott Lighty (5-0) vs. Antwain Britt (9-3)
    -Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (16-13) vs. TBA

This is a fantastic card & I will be watching it LIVE!!!!

Meh. Nothing overly compelling there for me tbh.

Yeah mate, you're thinking of Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. She's 8-1 as far as sherdog is concerned.

Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos is actually 17-13 now as he scored a KO in Samurai FC 2 - Warrior's Return on Saturday night!

Fighting a week later eh?

He must have been a last minute addition. Wonder who he'll face!

I use xmeforums to watch all my PPV events.

I watched the K1 GP finals last weekend at 8am (5pm in Japan) it was excellent quality. Then I watched UFC 106 that night. Got up at 7:30am Sat morning & went to bed at 6:30am Sunday morning. I was shot!!! :P

• Advertisement

Trevor Prangley is out of his fight which means someone else is gonna get beat by Robbie Lawler.

chordtype wrote: »
    Trevor Prangley is out of his fight which means someone else is gonna get beat by Robbie Lawler.

Well all I know is, it won't be me. Thank god. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lawlers fights off the card now.Injured opponent and no replacement

Advertisement