Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can get a 6pin PCI power cable adapter/splitter

Options
  • 14-12-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I'm looking to get an adapter for my pci power cables like this

extremepcgear_2080_468549827

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/extremepcgear_2080_468549827

The only place I've found online so far that has it is this American site.

I'm upgrading my old pc and it only has 2 cables and I need 4, thought the fastest way around it was splitting the cables

If anyone knows a shop in Dublin or a website that ships to Ireland can you please enlighten me :D

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

First: What PSU do you have? Full details please!

Second: What system configuration do you have? Full breakdown of components please! :P

No point sticking multiple GPUs in a system then watching the PSU melt under the increased load :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Wait, you need FOUR PCIe power connectors? I am assuming then you have two Graphics cards. In that case, ffs buy a new PSU. Your old one will more than likly be unable to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

thanks for the replies peeps, yeah I'm upgrading the pre exisiting sli graphics cards.

Its a *shudder* Dell XPS 600 with a 650w dual 6 pin vga standard (I think), i'm not up to speed on all the tech terms :D
    Hmmm I remember a long while a go chatting with a friend who works at dell and he thought there weren't many after market PSU that will fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

I would very much recomend (nay, demand) that you do NOT upgrade a Dell PC in any way shape or form and instead just build a whole new PC.

Dell are notorious for deliberatly ensuring that upgrading one of their PCs = Assplosion.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

1. What graphics cards? What did you upgrade to?
    2. What CPU do you have in there?
    3. Please don't spend too much money, you're on the brink of needing a new PSU and a new mobo and a new CPU and new memory to go with the new graphics cards and a new case to put it all in - your CPU will soon bottleneck the system regardless of graphics and AFAIK the XPS600 was one of the last victims of the Dell Proprietary Non-ATX Wiring Scourge that detonated many an XPS of the day, plus the PSU is a bizarre shape (more like an overgrown Shuttle SFF PSU) so the case can't be re-used. Although even a €500 rig could probably fly circles around your old rig even if its a 4.3GHz Renegade! :o

New build time very soon methinks :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement