Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Arkham Asylum 2

• 14-12-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

Allow me to be the first to say, HOLY JESUS!

http://arkhamhasmoved.com/uk/

Only a teaser but still great news!

Seems the asylum has been moved to Gotham and Two Face has been confirmed. Can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sounds great cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm just guessing/surmising, but what do you guys think is under the cracking/flaking concrete on the batman logo? Looks like it could be the new game title.

I'm guessing this one could be titled something along the line of "Batman: Gotham Asylum".

Either way, it's great to see that they obviously just kept going after finishing Arkham Asylum, if they've already got the idea for it nailed down and such a polished trailer knocked up already. The Joker looks even better than in Arkham too, with the veins on his forehead popping and there's obviously some remnant of titan there, between that and the drip that he's hooked up to!

Of course from the end of Arkham Asylum we know that
    Bane is still alive, as we saw him grabbing the drum of Titan right at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

this should be good, any word of release date

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Fantastic!!! AA a shoe-in for game of the year. I can't wait to get my mits on this!!!!Mmmmmm:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

was thinking of picking up arkham, is it really that good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Hi Speckydodge, without doubt this game is the dog's! Most superhero type games are cr*p but this raises the bar to everest levels for lazy designers! About time too,says I!!!

Run and get it now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Of course from the end of Arkham Asylum we know that
    Bane is still alive, as we saw him grabbing the drum of Titan right at the end

Correction:
    Bane, Scarecrow and Croc all survive. You get a different ending showing a different character grabbing the drum depending on the difficulty setting you choose.

I managed to unlock all the achievements in this excellent game and I'm really looking forward to doing the same in this sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It's brilliant that they've already got to work on this, trailer looks amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

This'll make the gaming season to come quite fantastic anyways! Bioshock 2, God Of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Dark Siders and Arkham Asylum all on the horizon, happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

And Halo: Reach

*cue operatic Ooooohhhh Aaaaaaaahhhh Ohhhhhhhh Oooooh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The Iceberg lounge....so, Penguin will be one of the bosses?

Wouldn't mind seeing some more of those who made cameos in the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Dear lord! If it's anywhere near as good as the first I'll be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea the first one was one of the best games of the year. If they can produce another title of the same calibre I'll be very happy indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

mcgooch wrote: »
    Correction:
    Bane, Scarecrow and Croc all survive. You get a different ending showing a different character grabbing the drum depending on the difficulty setting you choose.

I managed to unlock all the achievements in this excellent game and I'm really looking forward to doing the same in this sequel.

I finished it on medium and on hard, and saw
    Bane grabbing it when I finished it on hard, and was thinking WTF, I thought that was Croc last time, when I finished it on medium!
    so thanks for clearing that up, at least now I know I'm not actually losing my mind! Damn scarecrow gas :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    The Iceberg lounge....so, Penguin will be one of the bosses?

Wouldn't mind seeing some more of those who made cameos in the first game.

Looks like Black Mask will be in it too, as well as (obvioulsy) Two Face - and CatWoman might make an appearance. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks like Black Mask will be in it too, as well as (obvioulsy) Two Face - and CatWoman might make an appearance. Looking forward to it.

Ya noticed the obvious Two Face and Penguin references, but didn't see the Black Mask one, where was that?

The more cameos the better I think...

I think if the sequel has a new Arkham and a few locations to visit around the city, that'll be class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya noticed the obvious Two Face and Penguin references, but didn't see the Black Mask one, where was that?

The more cameos the better I think...

I think if the sequel has a new Arkham and a few locations to visit around the city, that'll be class.

Big Sionis sign in the themepark bit (about 35 seconds in) - Roman Sionis being Black Mask's real name.

A rather out of place name drop of him in the vid, but it is there.

Cheers Amigo....

Cool xbox avatar by the way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

mcgooch wrote: »
    Correction:

I had no idea that was the case. It's been about the third time I've played this game and I'm still not fully convinced I've unlocked every Riddler Trophy!

I have to say this is without doubt the best game I personally have ever played.
    Voice artists Maurice LaMarche and Stana Katic revealed that Mr. Freeze and Talia al Ghul will feature in the game, having mentioned they will be voicing the respective characters - I can't wait to see Egon doing Mr Freeze lol

Does this mean we might actually see
    Damien Wayne!

I'm really looking forward to this

Doubt the son of the Bat will be in it.

Batman had plenty of run ins with Talia and Raas, before that runt was conceived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

on a related note, has anyone picked ut the GOTY Edition of Arkham Asylum? it's now in 3d with 3d glasses for anyone who didnt know. saw iut in gamespot for €39.99 and comes with the 6 maps from the DLC

Advertisement