Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic & Speed Cameras in NI

Options
  • 14-12-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

3 QUESTIONS:

ONE:
    I was driving in Wales recently and I saw the flashing red warnings for speed cameras for the first time on my Nuvi 660. I haven't seen them yet in Northern Ireland - any idea why?

TWO:
    What service(s) is available in the ROI to activate the above feature?

THREE:
    Does the Traffic warning system work in Northern Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I had my 765t with me last Saturday, on a trip from Derry to Belfast, and also found that the speed cameras where "announced". Handy. Traffic updates also became active in Belfast. First time I've ever seen it active! I have no idea how effective the Traffic info. is, as I didn't actually encounter any :( This was only active in the city centre, covering a fairly small area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

The most reliable camera database is from www.pocketgps.com, far better than that supplied with gps units and updated almost weekly. Annual subscription is £19 and to cover north and south you'll need both UK and european databases. Includes mobile locations which databases many don't.

Advertisement