Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite multi player games ...

Options
  • 14-12-2009 6:13pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

This is a bit of market research for us and I'd be very grateful for any thoughts the community here has.

What I'm looking for is an insight into the best / most fun multi player games you've ever played. This is not necessarily limited to online co-op play, in fact I'd prefer your thoughts on what games you enjoyed playing with a group of mates. Also not limited to the latest gen of consoles, retro also included. - this could be multiplayer COD or Halo, boxing or the new Super Mario on the Wii, Sensible Soccer on the old Sega Mega Drive (a personal favourite of mine :D) or Guitar Hero etc.

What's your highlights ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everytime there's a wii party the game we play most is Bomberman. Such an awesome multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

International Superstar Soccer 98 on the N64

Played it with my mates for hours, I remember one epic game where I lost 10-9 in extra time after leading 9-6

Also Goldeneye - probably the greatest game of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Rock Band and You're in the Movies is always fun with a few drinks and mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Retro classics include Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and all of the Mario Kart games (to varying degrees, 64 was probably the one I played most).

More recently, I've enjoyed Crackdown, MW2 (not played that much yet), Left4Dead, Rock Band and (most of all) New Super Mario Bros Wii. It's a thing of beauty when two or more people play well together and a good laugh when ye turn on each other. Much jumping on each other's heads and throwing each other into pits!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't forget the fighting game genre. Nothing beats some good competitive Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4. Also liked the SNK games King of Fighters 98, Samurai Showdown 2 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Killzone 2. Even though I suck at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PES offline and BF1943.

New to bomberman but it is a bit of fun with a few in you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

hmm Starcraft is still great to play, there was a game called Mutant League Football on the megadrive too that we played sooo much it was great fun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah Starcraft... even though funky cheats and actually practices. the gaul of that man
    old school co-op rpg's were great fun too. from secret of mana on the snes right up to diablo 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ratrope

Agreed, StarCraft absolutely rocks the multiplayer-sector. I hope the second part will be just as good as the first one, if not better.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Loved the original Aliens Vs Predator game for online. A good team of mixed classes in that is still epic today.

Jedi Outcast was amazing for multiplayer as well. Running around catwalks force pushing and pulling people into the abyss never gets old.

Bomberman is essential play. Also staying old school used to love 2 player in ToeJam and Earl on the Megadrive.

Modern days it's L4D2 all the way at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Uncharted 2 online multiplayer is great fun. While the deathmatches are where I spend most of my time, the co-op elemnts are really well done.

I spent hours with my brother on the co-op. It was so engaging. Personally I prefer offline MP experiences but U2 was still fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Shadowrun and BF2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

A good ol game of Wrestling, be it wrestlemania on the N64 or WWF Warzone on PS1 was always great :D ..there was one on Super Nintendo too,,,royal rumble was brilliant

For 3-4 mates sat around with drinks, not online, we always enjoyed Timesplitters 2 and Worms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

Toejam and Earl was fantastic 2 player back on the Mega Drive.
    Use to play the Age of Emipre games alot they were good fun with a few around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Worms.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

warioware on the wii was hilarious when we were drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

In terms of old games me and my buddy used to always play streets of rage and golden axe on the mega drive. I remember mega bomberman being excellent on the mega drive with friends.

Recently i've been playing a lot of Killzone 2 online (i suck at MW2:().

Advertisement