Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External Hard Drive Problems

• 14-12-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Recently my Trexton 640 gb external hard drive has been acting up. All my songs are stored on it and itunes suddenly is asking me to locate every one of the songs in it. Its fine once I locate them but I cant do this for everyone. Fortunately my ipod still syncs fine. Also if I try to download torrents straight to the drive they stop after a minute with the message "Error: The system cannot find the drive specified". Formatting my drive isnt really an option with all the stuff on it unless I have to.
    Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Edit: I have run the windows scan and fix thing which seemed to make no difference and Im running Avast Free Version.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Would it be possible to transfer all the files back to your laptop/desktop and then format the external drive?

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Would it be possible to transfer all the files back to your laptop/desktop and then format the external drive?
    Too much on it Im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I'd say bite the bullet and get yourself another external hdd and copy over before its too late. You can pick up a 1TB model now for E80ish. Depends on how much you value the stuff on it, or your time to replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Sounds like its about to die, you might need a new one.

• Advertisement

Its less than a year old though and these are the only two problems with it. It seems theres only a problem when a program is trying to get access to files on the drive, I have no problem doing anything else with it.

Advertisement