Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto pet feeder

Options
  • 14-12-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else try one of these?

We got one for out cats for times we are away for short periods but our (not very bright) ginger boy took about 30 seconds to work out that if he got his paw right up the shoot, he could get a few biscuits out at a time.
    I wonder was this machine product tested on cats at all??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

but our (not very bright) ginger boy took about 30 seconds to work out that if he got his paw right up the shoot, he could get a few biscuits out at a time.
    I wonder was this machine product tested on cats at all??

I always imagine that a group of engineers dream up these things figuring animals don't have a lot of problem solving intellegence :D

I had the same thing with one of my dogs and a fly ball machine. She figured she could just go behind the machine and grab a spare ball out of it instead of having to bother triggering the mechanism and catching the balls! :D Made me unpopular in the flyball training :o

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

cianer wrote: »
    I always imagine that a group of engineers dream up these things figuring animals don't have a lot of problem solving intellegence :D

I had the same thing with one of my dogs and a fly ball machine. She figured she could just go behind the machine and grab a spare ball out of it instead of having to bother triggering the mechanism and catching the balls! :D Made me unpopular in the flyball training :o
    :D:D thats gas:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I used one with a lid that would raise up at a set time. My cat figured out how to stick her paw in and then her head and get the thing open. Might as well have just left extra food in her bowl!

Advertisement