Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Day!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

Promac wrote: »
    Keep up the good work Dolly. And don't forget that even if you do end up having a puff - it's not the end of the world. Just starting counting again and keep going.

no not one puff, i know once i put nicotine back into my body even 1 puff, and my brain will be screaming for more, atm my brain should be de/sensitizing
    all the millions of receptors that grew because of nicotine use, just 1 puff of a cig and the will become sensitized again. ITS drug addiction, plain and simple. so i have to see this for what it is. i watched an aussie alan carr rep on y.tube. she said would you ever be temped to drink bleach, well we would, nt would we, not even if we were phissed . WHY because we know its poison, well so are cigarettes. lol get the picture. brain washed ourselves into believing that when we smoke, we do so because we want to. HAPPY XMAS TO ALL YOU DIRTY SMOKERS.. PMSL. OMG IM so anti/smoking biatch today

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fliptzer

Been following this thread and been on and off smokes for the last few days. Seems like it really helps to have others to chat to - nonsmokers really don't understand. I've decided tomorrow - 30th Dec is the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

dollyk wrote: »
    HAPPY XMAS TO ALL YOU DIRTY SMOKERS.. PMSL. OMG IM so anti/smoking biatch today

And a happy new year to you. Keep it going. Just reading this thread is helping me prepare to quit these bastards.

not sure why its working this time, have been quitting on and off for YEARS . ill just keep plodding along this time. :)

:D still going, well done to all the others, no matter how we do it, or why. just what ever works for you will be enough:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

not sure why its working this time, have been quitting on and off for YEARS . ill just keep plodding along this time. :)

I was the same when I quit last jan1st, 30+ years, 20 a day and many attempts.

But this time last year it just seemed to "work" and I haven't had a puff since. People say over and over it'll be easy "when your ready" and I never knew what that meant and I certainly don't think I was ready last year, but I was determined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I have tried everything in the world to try stop. but i never tried the one day thing;) i must say that i tend to dwell on , holidays, next week, the next party, so maybe you are right. this time i will try one day, one min at a time. what have i got to lose. i will start tomorrow, why wait till new year, or even xmas. so i will let you know if it works. thanks:D
    Im the exact same, I say I will give up, then Ill 'think oh its a long weekend in two weeks Ill wait until after that', but it never happens. Fingers crossed this time..

post says it all:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Don't worry dollyk - pick yourself up and start again. It's not lost unless you decide it is. You can still choose to not smoke tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Dolly have you managed to give up again yet?! I read your posts and thought you were doing so well. I was feeling fed up (day 5) but you have inspired me to keep going. So what if you relapsed, you can just start again!!! If you managed to get thru xmas etc you can do it. Remember you dont need to light up in the next 5 minutes!! Let us know!! Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

right going to have my last cigarette right now and going to take the approach talked about in this thread...it ten minutes i'll be a non smoker:D

are you still going strong, aw me im starting AGAIN .:mad:

GOOD LUCK HARPY keep posting

Advertisement