Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston in early January!

• 14-12-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im going to Boston for a week in early January.
    I was wondering if possible could people please suggest things to do , best shops etc.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Try to get to a Pariots (nfl) or Bruins (ice hockey) game!! It's something different and a good day out. Have a bite to eat at the top of the Prudential building too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I love Boston.

Its going to be cold! Really cold. Probably snowing! So wrap up

Where are you staying?

You could go to Wrentham Outlet Mall, there are buses to go there, but if they're are a group of you, its cheaper to hire a limo. Full of shops!

Cambridge Galleria is the last stop on the green T at Lechmere.
    Its a shopping 'mall' - its got everything! Will be some great bargins after Christmas!
    Also, if your willing to trek a little (a train then a bus) go to South Shore Plaza. Another huge mall, plenty to buy, a little quieter than Cambridge. But just as good!

Its free and obvious but spend some time in Boston Common and follow the Freedom Trail. It brings you around the city.... Its really nice.
    Faneuil Hall is great, its got all sorts of food, try a lobster sandwich or some New England chowder in a bread bowl.
    Be sure to wander down Newbury Street, see how the other half live!

I loved the New England Aquaruim, its very close to Faneuil Hall.

Go to the Top of Prudential. You used to be able go up to the top of the John Hancock but they closed it after 9/11
    The 'Pru' is just as good though, so amazing views!
    Also, as previous poster said, you can eat in the resturant, but its expensive!

If I think of anything else, I'll be back!

In the mean time.... Save save save!

Advertisement