Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to the Photographic section - have a question

• 14-12-2009 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is being asked in a wrong section here.
    I myself take some pictures and as such build my own into a professional screen saver just for the use on my computer.

Using a licensed tool I have purchased at my own expense, would there be any objection to myself inserting some of the brilliant pictures in one thread here and creating for the members here, a free screensaver for yourselves.

I will give credit during the install routine to members here (and in the slide-show screensaver itself), state quite clearly that the screensaver is being provided absolutely free - is not for sale and is to show off the brilliant talents of the members of the boards.ie photographic section here.
    The screensaver will come with a professional install/uninstall feature, etc.

I would like to do this for the members here to show my personal appreciation for all their hard work.
    When built it can be provided here, again totally free.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

An interesting idea, but you will need the permission of every photo's owner, ie. you won't be able to use any image without their say-so, I'd imagine anyway !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It's a good idea,Would it not be easier to:Ask Users to posts links to image here and Give biggins the go ahead to use the image..?

Then you say yay or nay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Here is a simple quick example just using a few pictures of my own.
    100% safe.
    Double click to install/double click to uninstall. Dead easy and is listed in the control panel list of applications, etc:

http://rapidshare.com/files/320875188/Boards.ie_Photographic_Example_Screensaver.exe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If there's any of mine you want to use, just give me a shout.

There might be one or two that'd have copyright issues, but for the most part, I'm easy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I'd be delighted if you asked me for permission to use my picture for such purpose. Feel free to go through the garbage on my flickr and pixie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Sounds fine as long as you have permission from each person involved.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

You're more than welcome to use some of mine if you wish....:)

Same here - I'm happy for them to be used for this project as long as credit is given.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

work away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Same here - I'm happy for them to be used for this project as long as credit is given.

Me too, work away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

ditto

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Also happy for you to use some of my images as long as they are credited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You can use mine, if they're any good :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Same for me, nice idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Happy to join in too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

and me...

Advertisement