Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson T700. Operation failed ???

Options
  • 14-12-2009 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

I can send texts, but when i get one, i go to inbox and it just says 'operation failed', the same with outbox, sent messages and drafts. This just started yesterday. Everything else on the phone is working grand. its less than a year old, and doesnt get much hardship.
    I've tried changing the SIM card to see would a different one work in it,
    I restored the factory setting, the girl in the carphone warehouse hadnt got a clue, the fella in customer care on meteor hadnt got a clue.
    Anyone got any help ???
    operation failed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

What is the settings for your message centre?
    Goto SMS/Messaging settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Software issue i reckon, nothing to do with settings. Try updating the software on the handset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 unburnttoast

I have the same problem. I can't even successfully send texts. It just skips right to 'operation failed' - phone memory full. I have deleted all text messages but it only shows 10mb of free phone memory. AND I can't access games and applications as well. It just says 'operation failed'.
    Does updating the software actually solve the problem??
    Help help help!! - Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement