Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest for Leupold scopes???

Options
  • 14-12-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking to buy a Leupold Mark 4 scope and I'm wondering who's the cheapest around?

I have a sister in Canada who could post one over from there, but I cant find a decent leupold dealer over there!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/categories.asp?cat=Leupold+Telescopic+Sights

Try this guy got some stuff off him myself very good to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Walsh in Eascoast rod & Gun used to have the dealership on Leupold, I dont think he still has it but he can tell you who has if you call him.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

DNR sports or bear basin in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Talk to Scott from Liberty Optics. He should be able to help.
    If sending to Canada is no problem.
    I got a conquest through him while over in the states.
    You'd be dealing with a smaller outfit, making it easier.
    http://www.libertyoptics.com/

edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

you have PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Don't know about leupy scopes but the S&B scopes here are a steal!!!!:eek:

http://www.tallaghtrodandgun.com/riflescopes.html
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

got my VXIII from DNR sports - no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Well it is Christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

haha I wish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 conbre

unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

haha i think there might be a 0 or 2 missing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

i have a leupold fx-ii 6x36 new in box never mounted you can have it for 320 if your interested

Thinking of going for a Nightforce now lads, thanks for all the replies.

Looks like Euro Optics are the only lads that will ship here:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

murph226 wrote: »
    Thinking of going for a Nightforce now lads, thanks for all the replies.

Looks like Euro Optics are the only lads that will ship here:rolleyes:

No American shop will export nightforce scopes

Euro Optics will ship, they have to get an export license on their side, he won't mark the package as a gift though:(

What kind of gun and calibre are u mounting it on ???
    Is it for target shooting or hunting ??

Hi Davy, putting it on a Tikka t3 tactical, will be using it for winged vermin, foxes, long range bunnies and a bit of informal target shooting.

I'd like to get a quality scope that I can hold onto even if I change caliber!

• Advertisement

I notice more and more people opting to buy from the net and abroad in general, this is without doubt probably the only way to go with the sort of gangsterism portrayed by Irish dealers. However, I think lads should try in some way to keep it in the family and at least try to buy in Ireland. Our dealers have a lot to answer for, no doubt, we all know what there like or at least most of them anyway. The problem is, if we keep buying abroad, there eventually isnt going to be any gunshops left, then what do we do. How would we feel if we had to buy every last thing over the net. Dealers should kop on to themselves and do something about the online shoppers and we should try harder to keep our money here. Not always possible, I know.

regardless of where you buy it a nightforce scope will be over a grand , cant even imagine you would get themfor that , there are lots of dealers in ireland to check first , only online one i know is www.shoot.ie , but i think they are known for being a bit pricey , but plenty of other places and you could keep an eye out on www.irishguntrader.ie as said by others dont automatically think internet and abroad is best

PS: nice gun :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

thedragon wrote: »
    I notice more and more people opting to buy from the net and abroad in general, this is without doubt probably the only way to go with the sort of gangsterism portrayed by Irish dealers. However, I think lads should try in some way to keep it in the family and at least try to buy in Ireland. Our dealers have a lot to answer for, no doubt, we all know what there like or at least most of them anyway. The problem is, if we keep buying abroad, there eventually isnt going to be any gunshops left, then what do we do. How would we feel if we had to buy every last thing over the net. Dealers should kop on to themselves and do something about the online shoppers and we should try harder to keep our money here. Not always possible, I know.

I have just set up my new target rifle for almost €1000 cheaper by buying abroad. I bought the rifle here but every accessory came from either an online shop or i traveled to collect it.

You're asking us to consider buying here when possible then admitting yourself that we're getting screwed on the prices. Not only are the dealers here getting over the odds for the gear they sell, there isn't even consistancy within the ranks of the dealers in price. There can be up to €200 difference in the prices of Nightforce scopes depending on the dealer you buy from.

davy_b complains about shoot.ie being pricey on their Nightforce scope prices,
    only online one i know is www.shoot.ie , but i think they are known for being a bit pricey

but if you checked the rest of the country (phone other shops) you see they are actually in the cheaper end of the price scale, but still woefully overpriced when compared to any country abroad. The problem with Nightforce scopes is they are priced so that no matter where you buy them you end up paying almost the same.

Eg. - Nightforce 12-42X56 Nxs is about €1800. In America they are $1790 (€1250). Shipping is $60-$100 depending on shop. Customs rate is 4.7% of the american price. So thats $85. Then there is the VAT. 21%. Add all that up and you are looking at $2450 - $2450 (€1700). Add to that the fact that any optics coming from America need an license on the American end that takes 3-5 weeks to get.

The other situation is not being able to get the gear you need. Recently i was looking for an adaptor for a bipod for a friend. I rang a few dealers i knew and was told "we have none in stock and won't be ordering from our supplier for a while. When we do we'll order one, it'll be about 4-6 weeks". I got onto the net and bought one from England for £7 (€8) and had it in 4 days. So much for keeping the customer happy.

Sometimes it pays to buy abroad other times the cost difference is so insignificant that i would sooner buy at home and have the comfort of knowing the dealer i'm buying from, but honestly i owe no-one any loyalty. I have paid over the odds for everything i've ever bought and its only recently when i started to shop around (on the net, etc) that i realised i was getting fisted, so now whenever possible i'll buy abroad.

I know it seems as though i've gone off topic but i'm trying to make a point about the difference in prices and in doing so keep with the theme of the thread. Until the dealers here can match the prices abroad or even stock the same equipment as foreign dealers i will continue to buy from abroad.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

:mad:excuse me now lad but i did not complain about them being pricey with their nightforce scopes, i said they are known to be that bit pricier in general , which they are with their rifles i know this because i have delt with them ,i have never bought a scope off them so i can not compare

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hey davy,

Its not a personal attack on you. You were complaining about the price so i quoted what you said. I don't know if there are cheaper Nightforce scopes out there but in general shoot.ie are cheaper than others i have priced from. If you say they are dearer than others for some firearms then i'm gonna take your word for it as i don't know. Never dealt with them on a gun.

My point in my previous post was that you, like me and like every other shooter, complain about the prices we have to pay for the gear we need in our respective sports. And i say have to because we in most cases have to pay the shop prices. Its a safe bet that the lads on boards all have some experience with computers so internet shopping would not be a problem or at least a major one. Its the lads without computer access or knowledge that must buy and pay the full shop prices that i feel for.

To keep this post inline with the OP's original post and theme of the thread he can buy a scope far cheaper from abroad than could be got here, and i know that shops here have other expenses (VAT, import costs, etc) but what is to stop them from bulk buying even between other shops ( i haven't really thought this out so specifics are scarce) and reducing prices to at least compete with foreign prices. They may not be able to match the prices abroad but if they could reduce the prices of their goods to a point that buying abroad is more hassle than spending an extra €30 - €50 here (for larger products) then they could almost guarantee people would revert to buying at home.

Again, davy, its not a personal attack on you. I was just using your post to elaborate and explain my point.

(Sorry for semi hijacking the thread)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

its ok i agree with you and i do buy a lot of stuff from abroad aswell;)

Shooters & dealers, take this whatever way ye want. This is serious s**t. Shooters are doing everything in there powers to make there pound or euro work for them, there asking around, looking for advice on public forums and elsewhere as to how they can avoid being ripped off, and it would be my understanding at this stage that buying from there local friendly gunshop is no longer a recommended practice. Whats the story, why can we buy a rifle from the UK cheaper than we can buy it in Ireland, how long can this go on. In the past 20 months Ive had to buy everything I wanted in the UK, USA and other parts of europe, simply because I cant buy anything in my native country at a price that comes anywhere near reasonable expectactions. Now dont give me this sh*te about custom and excise, If dealers in Ireland dont start getting there acts together, they may as well kiss there businesses goodbye. I want to buy from my local shop but I cant, I have no choice but to buy over the internet and the same goes for each and every one of us. Lads, wheres our shooting industry trying to go, there not trying to help us or themselves. I can even see the downfall of wholesale suppliers coming if something dosent happen very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stephentri

check out ebay or rifle craft they had some second hand ones

Advertisement