Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

live music...

Options
  • 14-12-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any spots in the city for live music at the weekend bar roisin dubh,had a look in thread but didnt see anything...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What type of music? You can find trad in Crane and Tigh Coili.
    Kings Head, Quays, An Pucan and Spanish Arch usually have cover bands during the summer, not sure about the winter season. You should prob call in to ring to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there anywhere that has both types, ie country AND western?

(Lads ... I'm joking ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

If you fancy travelling out of town a bit, there is a group of us who play every Sunday evening in Gibbon's bar in Shrule. Really nice session with all sorts of music and anyone is welcome to come and join in if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Munroes just opened a new live venue next to the bar! From the muffled sounds that send me off to sleep on fridays and saturday nights id say its mostly cover bands. It's a tenner in and open late!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

galwaybabe wrote: »
    If you fancy travelling out of town a bit, there is a group of us who play every Sunday evening in Gibbon's bar in Shrule. Really nice session with all sorts of music and anyone is welcome to come and join in if they want.
    Shrule isn't just a bit out of town, it's basically Mayo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Malice_ wrote: »
    Shrule isn't just a bit out of town, it's basically Mayo!

That would be one expensive taxi!! The Kings Head too I'm sure

Advertisement