Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking 2 beef joints at same time?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I've bought 2 x 1kg joints of topside beef for a dinner I'm cooking over the Christmas.

I'm just wondering would I have to cook each joint separately or can I cook both at the same time. On the packaging it says cooking time is 45 mins per 500g. So for one joint of beef it would be 90 mins in the oven.

How would you go about cooking this? I have a fan oven.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Topside is one of the less tender cuts of beef and so needs to be cooked slowly. It would actually have been simpler if you'd bought one 2kg joint because the smaller ones can tend to dry out.
    It's no problem roasting them both together and I'd give them one and a half to two hours at 180C. Or I'd bring them to the boil in water and simmer for 20 minutes, then roast for about an hour and a half because it keeps smaller joints moist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fashionista!

thanks for the reply Dizzyblonde, much appreciated! the reason i bought 2 separate joints was they were half price in M&S. An impulse buy!

Advertisement