Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Broadband

Options
  • 14-12-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Living in Balbriggan and thinking of switching from 3MB Eircom to 7MB Vodafone Home Broadband.

Although being more expensive for less speed and download limit etc, Eircom's service has been very solid for the past three to four years that we've had them.

But before switching, i was looking for anyone with any reviews of vodafone's service in north dublin from the brains trust here. Would it be a mistake? Im sure there are some horror stories out there, but any good reviews would be welcome as well.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Morgans wrote: »
    Hi all,

Living in Balbriggan and thinking of switching from 3MB Eircom to 7MB Vodafone Home Broadband.

Although being more expensive for less speed and download limit etc, Eircom's service has been very solid for the past three to four years that we've had them.

But before switching, i was looking for anyone with any reviews of vodafone's service in north dublin from the brains trust here. Would it be a mistake? Im sure there are some horror stories out there, but any good reviews would be welcome as well.

Many thanks.

Are NTL/UPC available up there? I switched from eircom to them 18 months ago and am very happy, competitive prices too. I do know one lad who has Vodafone in Blanch and has constant problems but I think that's a 3G modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

UPC/NTL not available I'm afraid.

I've checked the broadband polls over on the Broadband forum but its a bit out of date.

Any local experiences would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i've just been moved from BT to Vodafone in the last week, my broadband has never been so crap, it's constantly cutting out, their blaming it on an eircom fault, which i think is a load of bull, they just have a crap service. I've to wait 5 more days while they diagnose the problem (which will be done by an eircom engineer)

I'm annoyed with eircom and their crap offers, I really don't want to be with vodfone if the last week is anything to go by. Never had a problem with BT. Suddenly my account moved to vodafone and it's all gone wrong.

I'll be out with my tin of orange paint if it's not sorted by this time next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Same here .. With BT for 5 years , no issues then swtiched to Voda a few weeks ago and speeds are all over the place.
    Thankfully , the Voda guys on the boards forum are looking into it ... but beware ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thanks for the feedback. Only now seeing the thread on the Talk to Vodafone... page. Didnt know that they were there. Decision made. Thanks again to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Well I ordered it with them on Nov 10th and still no modem.

If its not here by Friday eircom will get my custom.

At the end of the day they cannot go blaming Eircom, its a Vodafone product not Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Interesting reading this. Vodafone are getting massive business at the moment (I deliver their modems) Eircom are also doing serious business. I was with Perlico and switched to Eircom about 2 months ago. Had a problem at the start but now my Broadband is fine. Perlico have quiet with their advertising

Seems a bit crazy that Eircom sort out the problems of other companies and it was like that when I was with Perlico also. I am happy with what I have at the moment and the way Eircom fixed my problems just after I switched back to them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your phone line might not support 7mb,it may only support up to 3mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

i made the switch from eircom to vodafone and set up me new vodafone router last night (I am in Lusk). and ever since then me internet connection has been rubbish!:mad:
    am gonna switch straight back to Eircom - never shoulda left them as they have been excellent over the past 4 years. I just hope I can get out of the Vodafone contract asap. And hopefully Eircom can offer me the same deal I was getting before...regret making this switch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭zainabc

i went to put 7mb broadband with vodafone in september i got router quite quickly was waiting til january for them to switch my broadband on my line. never got a answer out of them i recently went back to eircom and informed comreg of my problem anybody else had this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I went to ComReg over my Broadband a while back and found them useless so dont expect a huge amount of support from them. It seems that these companies who provide broadband can do just about anything they want and there is little ComReg can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I presume Comreg will do nothing because they don't advertise 7mb broadband, they advertise "Up to 7mbps download speed".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why don't you all speak directly with the Vodafone representatives in the Talk to... > Vodafone forum?

A representative from Vodafone's Customer Care team will be there between 12 and 4pm, Monday to Friday to answer your questions about their products and services.

Advertisement