Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT charges on import refund?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone can help me here,
    I bought some electronics from the US, paid the VAT and Duty etc when they entered the state, but the item arrived faulty and needs to be returned, do i have any chance of getting the VAT refunded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are having it replaced, made sure you record sending it back - mark both the courier slip and customs declaration with the product name. Then have the seller mark the new one as "repaired / replacement for damaged unit" or something similar. You might talk to customs though.

If you are returning and getting a refund, I don't know what the situation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Thanks for that, but it looks like refund is the way this is going. I got sent a "fully working" projector....it has no lamp :rolleyes:

Advertisement