Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hand Car nightmare

Options
  • 14-12-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi I'm after any advice on the following:

Bought a 2nd hand car for 4k from a small dealer. Paid up and got the car but soon found out it had an engine problem. Got it checked out at a garage who basically said the engine was badly damaged so I took it back to the dealer. He said he had it fixed but I am not happy it was a fixable problem. Dealer said he would refund my money when he sold it on as he doesn't carry that money. I reluctantly went along with this.

3 months down the line and no refund yet. Stuck without a car. Don't trust this guy at all. Now considering getting a solicitor to act on my behalf to try to get the money. Is this the best way to go with this? Will solicitor's fees be too high to be worth it for this amount of money?

Dealer is not SIMI registered so can't go to them.

Not sure what the best way forward is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You might have better luck posting this on the motor forum. This kind of carry on happens quite regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 halyin

You might have better luck posting this on the motor forum. This kind of carry on happens quite regularly.
    Cheers Run. will give it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters, please don't tell a poster to start the thread in another forum.

Wait for a moderator to move it.

We don't need to be clogging up boards with duplicate threads.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement