Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belgravia C&C

• 14-12-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

I live in this old 70s apartment block near rathmines. I was trying to catch a bit of the place here, on a particularly nicely lit autumn morning. I think I've been taking pictures of my son for far too long, so all C&C accepted :D

4185901654_a16b4f878f.jpg

4185130229_f7f09572f5.jpg

4185117395_439cb291fa.jpg

4185865304_38079d3793.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Uhmmm....don't take this the wrong way...but they are, in my opinion, a bit...'meh'.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i think they aren't all that exciting but in 30 or 40 years they will look far more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I quite like 1 and 3.

2 and 4 get a bit complicated I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I'm going to go with 'meh' too. The only one I like is #3 and that is entirely because of the interesting sky. Bland fail?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Smart simple collection, run through nicely as a set but perhaps with the exception of 4. I find that one a little jarring with the flow. Love pic 3 but think it needs the other two to make sense.

Look lovely as a set of three.

Refreshing too to see pics of this ilk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Thanks for the feedback all.

@HK, yeah they're meant to be taken as a whole, I don't think they really survive in isolation. I initially had the first three and then another three (of which the letterbox was one) of detailing on the buildings (external stairs, some nice geometrical arrangement of windows and fire alarms :) ) but that one was the only one I left in.

I had hoped that as a group they'd be a little more than the sum of their (mundane) parts. Maybe I ascribed a little more context to them in my head than came out in the shots :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭potlatch

I agree with humberklog. Good photos. I can see what you're doing here. Sort of objective style photo-documetary. With the exception of the last one, I think you've composed and metered the shots well. You've also constructed the spaces in a way I wouldn't have - I'd have been flatter, more horizontal - and I think you've captured them well. (This isn't a criticism.) Very naturalistically, but objectively and geometrically.

Keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

potlatch wrote: »
    I agree with humberklog. Good photos. I can see what you're doing here. Sort of objective style photo-documetary. With the exception of the last one, I think you've composed and metered the shots well. You've also constructed the spaces in a way I wouldn't have - I'd have been flatter, more horizontal - and I think you've captured them well. (This isn't a criticism.) Very naturalistically, but objectively and geometrically.

Thanks Potlatch. The other shots I mention above were actually much more square to the building, they were more similar to the letterbox shot than the looser environmental ones around the buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

2 & 3 for me

Its got that vernacular photography look. which is a good thing

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement