Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get that bathtub screen rubber?

• 14-12-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi, I'm looking to buy that bottom washer / rubber that slides onto bottom edge of bathtub glass screen. It touches bathtub edge so helps dripping water to stay on the inside, so it would not drip underneath the glass and back down on the floor. Hope you know what I mean. My screen have been opened so many times forth and back the rubber got ripped eventually and it's not sealing properly anymore against the edge of the bathtub. I find it impossible to buy and new screen is like 300 eur. - bit crazy to buy new screen just to replace probably worth 10 eur. bloody gasket.
    Any ideas who can sell them in Dublin or online? In the worst case, I'll try to make one myself if ever can find suitable piece of rubber in transparent or white colours. Probably washer from shower doors can fit it too, I'd imagine all must be similar things. Many thanks for any tip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you tired the likes or woodies or B&Q. I haven't bought them on their own, but i think they may have them, Getting an exact might be tricky. You may be lucky in plumbing suppliers like heatmerchants etc. They would often bits and pieces from other boxes.

Advertisement