Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Present - Beer Hamper

• 14-12-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I havn't got a clue what to get the old man this year, so I was thinking of possibly a hamper of world beers, have any of you folks suggest an offie in Dublin that do this type of thing.

I don't want the usual bottle of bud, a bottle of fosters and a bottle of tiger... I would like to get something a bit different to the norm, if you know what I mean.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
    ( Excuse the pun :D )

Comments

Superquinn have a good selection of world beers. If you were willing to take the time to put a hamper together yourself then you could check them out.

Nice idea by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I googled and found this OP.
    It sounds good.

Here.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

My local off-licence sells "Duff" beer and "Monty Python's Holy grail" beer.

Holy%20(Gr)ail.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Superquinn have a good selection of world beers. If you were willing to take the time to put a hamper together yourself then you could check them out.

Nice idea by the way

Thanks, whoopsadaisydoodles
    Never taught of superquinn
    I googled and found this OP.
    It sounds good.

Here.:pac:

Thanks, Sharpshooter
    Tried googling beer hampers, didn't think of just offie's
    The reviews look good, I will do my best to try and get in and see thse guys during the week.
    Thanks.

Longboard wrote: »
    My local off-licence sells "Duff" beer and "Monty Python's Holy grail" beer.

Thanks for your suggestion Longboard, only problem is your in Cork mate. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

• Advertisement

Longboard wrote: »

Longboard, as was pointed out to you in that thread,it was being discussed in BGRH.

The OP was looking for beers from around the world.

Have to back Sharpshooter on this one Longboard,

Thanks for your help, the Holy Grail beer is the type of thing I may be after, but the Duff beer, I can get this in my local Londis

And like Sharpshooter said, it's beers of the world I am really after.

aido 1976 wrote: »
    And like Sharpshooter said, it's beers of the world I am really after.

I hope you get them, your Da will have an awesome Christmas day, and all down to you.

Sure how could he not use his present.:D

Thanks, Sharpshooter

Sure that's what we're here for.

And you're welcome.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hay OP I have used this site a few time to buy cherry beer :pac: and I find it great, they have a big selection so take a look I guess.

http://www.realbeers.ie/

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

McHughs on Malahide Rd or Sweeneys by Harts Corner for excellent selection of world beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Deveneys in Dundum Main Street had a good selection last time I was there. They have a small branch in Rathmines too.

There's an offy beside Whelan's on Wexford Street too, they always have a good selection in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Hi OP i do this kinda thing for my dad and 2 of the best places are SuperValu on Aston Quay and the Off Licence opposite Griffith College on the South Circular Road. They both have loads of unusual bottled beers and ales.

A good place to pick up a (empty) basket is Stock down the side/back of stephen's green shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

can't suggest anywhere to look as I'm not from dublin sorry
    just wanted to say what a cool idea it is and I hope he enjoys it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

CombatCow wrote: »
    Hay OP I have used this site a few time to buy cherry beer :pac: and I find it great, they have a big selection so take a look I guess.

http://www.realbeers.ie/

CC

Got a mail from these guys to say they are out of business.

Try
    www.drinkstore.ie.

They have a large selection. Send them a mail here info@drinkstore.ie. I was dealing with Ken an absolute gent. Really fast response to my mails. He will make up a hamper for you worth €50 or €100. Also he may have more beers than listed on the website just ask.

I presume the OP got sorted seeing as it was last Christmas!
    but if anyone else is interested, I spotted this on allgifts.ie

http://www.allgifts.ie/Christmas-Speciality-Beer-Basket-!29095-version.html

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Thats about 25 euro worth of beer!!!
    If anyone wants one done PM me and I can have ready in a few hours for a lot less!!!

I picked it all up in Dunnes for 18.97 so you're right, it's very expensive but easy!

I presume the OP got sorted seeing as it was last Christmas!
    but if anyone else is interested, I spotted this on allgifts.ie

http://www.allgifts.ie/Christmas-Speciality-Beer-Basket-!29095-version.html

Sure did, went here
    http://www.yelp.ie/biz/jack-carvill-and-sons-dublin
    and got a custom made beer hamper with about a great selection of about 17-18 world beers, They also included a couple of nice glasses to boot all done up nicely in a wicker basket.

Only cost 50 notes, which I taught very reasonable for what I got.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

What would you put in the perfect beer hamper to cover all bases? For about €40? I saw one on groupon a few days ago but it had sold out :(

Advertisement