Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennel cough shot

Options
  • 14-12-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Got the little fella his kennel cough shot today. Completely forgot to ask the vet are there any side effects. Anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There shouldnt be any side effects, but i do find when my fella gets any sort of injections hes a little quiet for a day or so, so dont worry if you find your pup a little on the quiet side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

The only side effect any of mine ever suffered from the kennel cough shot was a deep loathing for the vet, but that soon wore off :). Seriously though, i've never heard of any side effects, and the eldest has been getting it for the last 10 years now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

They can sometimes develop a cough, nothing to worry about but if it doesnt go away its self after 48 hours go back to your vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

andreac wrote: »
    There shouldnt be any side effects, but i do find when my fella gets any sort of injections hes a little quiet for a day or so, so dont worry if you find your pup a little on the quiet side.

Hi Andreac,

He did have himself a brief 15 minute 'mental moment' when we got back from the vet. Just ran around the back garden for a solid 15 minutes. Slept for hours after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Generally there are no side effects with the kennel cough vaccine. It is normal for a dog to be sleepy after a vaccination though.
    The only thing that could occur, happens rarely, is a slight nasal discharge, mild sneezing or a mild cough. Nothing to worry about and will go away without any need for treatment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement