Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Picture thread!

• 15-12-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭

Lets make this a place to stick up pictures of anything to do with modding etc that you dont feel deserves its own thread.

I've a couple of things to add to it but for now I'll start with a picture of my DS and PSP

14122009004r.jpg

I quite like see through things!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Here is the ds that I modded.
    Image066.jpg
    Image065.jpg

Kinda a "frankenstien" of a White DS and a black case.

The power switch is broken though.:(:P
    But it still turns on.......with a small screwdriver:P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is it the inner switch that is broken? Its a pain to resolder :\

Is it the inner switch that is broken? Its a pain to resolder :\

Yep.
    I would try and fix it but my soldering skills aren't that good and I dont have a small enough tip for the iron.:(:cool:

But I probaly would try to fix it just need a new tip.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Very nice mods there, I'm not a big fan of the clear plastic look myself - guess I like keeping the mysterious gremlins that make the magic behind closed doors. That said I completely appreciate it's different strokes and all.

Wouldn't mind modding some of my gear, but I'd want to be stealing power to run a blue cathode microtube down the side and make it look like the console belongs on top gear. Of course I never get around to doing any of it, I'm as handy as mudflaps on a speedboat when it comes to this sort of thing.

4e46_pc280938_jpg.jpg

Why? Well because I had to remove one of these today on a new console to determine what type of drive & firmware it had (LiteOn with 93xxx). Of course I didn't have wax paper to put the thing on, so I asked around and got "Greaseproof paper is the same as wax paper". Well it f*cking isn't, I spent all of 2 minutes removing this here sticker, and all of 2 hours trying to get it off the greaseproof paper so I could reattach it. Ended up having to use a hot blade and slicing it off..

So if you ever feel like cracking open the xbox to see what drive & firmware you've got, attach the sticker to the faceplate or some other part of the xbox ..Wax paper is not the same as greaseproof paper, no matter who tells you it is!

• Advertisement

okx1de.jpg

He who wields the solder iron, makes mods! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hardwired LAN mod - Nice :D:D

Looks like your wieding that Iron nicely man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My modded Gameboy DMG-1 for making chiptunes.

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0224-2.jpg

Didn't do the modding myself unfortunately. Would have been nice to, but I wanted a pro made one.

Backlight installed. There's a switch just over the screen to turn this on and off. The light is then controlled by the brightness knob on the side of the console -

DSC_0217-1.jpg

A track begins in LSDJ when you press start. This pedal is just an extension of that. Still, pretty cool little features -

DSC_0222.jpg

Keyboard adapter -

DSC_0221.jpg

Extra shoulder button added. Helps when navigating through the LSDJ menus. It's a bit of a pain to go through them without this -

shoulderbutton.jpg

And the all important pro sound out mod -

DSC_0212.jpg

There's also a half speed slowdown switch. This is installed in the bottom right corner where the speaker should be. Forgot to photograph it but you can clearly see it in some of the photos. It drops the sound by one octave. Get some crazy deep beats.

Now, just have to make some good chiptunes!

That is epic o1s1n, I quite like chiptunes myself but this takes it to a completely different level!

Sorry for bumping this thread but I wanted to post pics of my ps2 mod:D

DSCF0095.jpg
    and
    DSCF0100.jpg

Not great as its my very first time using a dremel:P
    I havent suck the acrylic in yet.
    Does anyone know where I can get Scotch Clear Mounting Tape #4010?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

A familiar sight?

2a6qpz5.jpg

ps - this thread would make a good sticky ;)

EnterNow wrote: »
    A familiar sight?

Too familiar :D

That looks like either a LiteOn or a Benq drive too :p

Too familiar :D

That looks like either a LiteOn or a Benq drive too :p

Good spot - its the infamous BenQ drive I nearly lost my legs over :p Ah hindsight, its a beautiful thing :pac:

Hope you're not flashing that one now.. LT is coming out for BenQ soon according to the TeamJungle twitter

Hope you're not flashing that one now.. LT is coming out for BenQ soon according to the TeamJungle twitter

I got it flashed with 1.41SS Rev5 Non Stealth...exactly what I needed. No point in me going with LT is there, as I dont use live? Ive flashed & reflashed & erased so many times now, I think I might just be able to do it whilst sleeping :P

I got it flashed with 1.41SS Rev5 Non Stealth...exactly what I needed. No point in me going with LT is there, as I dont use live? Ive flashed & reflashed & erased so many times now, I think I might just be able to do it whilst sleeping :P

Yep, that's the one you need then. Thought it was a fresh drive! Must take a camera with me tomorrow to witnessmenow's place and take a few snaps during the modathon :P

A familiar sight?

2a6qpz5.jpg

ps - this thread would make a good sticky ;)

Agreed, thread stuck

BTW way man your living in the past if your still using your xbox to power the drive! Honestly something like a CK3 is well worth the investment if you do it even on a semi regular basis

cheapest one i found is from DX @ $47

Thought it was a fresh drive! Must take a camera with me tomorrow to witnessmenow's place and take a few snaps during the modathon :P

Its a replacement drive I bought, and I spoofed to my original Hitatchi. The Modathon....haha I like!
    BTW way man your living in the past if your still using your xbox to power the drive! Honestly something like a CK3 is well worth the investment if you do it even on a semi regular basis

cheapest one i found is from DX @ $47

Ive seen these on various tutorials etc, and they seem quite handy. But to be honest, Ill only ever be flashing my own drive, and as that is all sorted now I just couldnt warrant wiping out cash on one of these.

Ive made progress on my loft - games room conversion, so as soon as thats done I promised myself Id set up the consoles (well the classics) and buy some games which Im SERIOUSLY lacking on.

p2091044.jpg

Spot the difference :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Have something, don't know it is the right thread for this, it is not moded but signed:
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »
    Have something, don't know it is the right thread for this, it is not moded but signed:
    Untitled-1.jpg

Id jtag that :p

Id jtag that :p

LMFAO, I was midpost writing "I wonder if it's JTAGable" :D

In fairness shipping is pretty reasonable

In fairness shipping is pretty reasonable

For a cool $1.1m I'd be expecting free worldwide shipping. That extra $15 has put me right off, I'm not going to bid.

For a cool $1.1m I'd be expecting free worldwide shipping. That extra $15 has put me right off, I'm not going to bid.

Absoloutley, Id expect at least some discount off the shipping price. Apparently it has that new Cougar chipset :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

for $1.1m NASA would be delivering it in a shuttle ffs.

Let there be LIGHT....well air anyway.

2wejd55.jpg

Whats gone on here lads? Has this gotten X-Clamp treatment?

hrx4ld.jpg

El Falconious Jtagious

2dugs2a.jpg

Whats gone on here lads? Has this gotten X-Clamp treatment?

Yeah, strangely enough though (maybe im not looking at the picture right) it seems they did your CPU, normally if your only doing one you do the GPU only

Yeah, strangely enough though (maybe im not looking at the picture right) it seems they did your CPU, normally if your only doing one you do the GPU only

Yeah definitely ony one side done - it would be the chip towards the left, as you look into the 360 from the front.

Would it be adviseable for me to do the other side, as a matter of precaution?

• Advertisement

ah if its the chip on the left its the GPU, i personally wouldnt bother do the CPU ( I would if i was doing it from scratch, but wouldnt bother if its working the way it is)

here is how you shouldn't have to do a liteon 93450.....

Liteon1-small.jpg
    Link to bigger

Liteon2-small.jpg
    Link to bigger

Thats a real alternative pad 101 install :P

Sorry if your looking Thomas :)

Now that looks like one delicate piece of soldering, well done. I HATE soldering to ic legs, especially those ones where your better off doing it under an electron microscope :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 axxxo

My Xbox 360 Elite and Nintendo Wii Mods, Wii colors change every second or so with a nice transition, buutton on the back of it can also be pressed for a more rapid transition or a steady light of the colors available
    Will post more pics of uncrippling old xbox when i have it hooked up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

The back of o1s1n's newly modded MD2. Hope he enjoys full screen and region changing goodness!!!

59zy3q.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/Happydance

\o/

Thanks man!

Looks nice and neat! The metal switches look kinda retro and suit the look of the console i think!

BTW your high on my love list enternow <3

Looks nice and neat! The metal switches look kinda retro and suit the look of the console i think!

BTW your high on my love list enternow <3

Pity there's a damn short somewhere causing the joypad right direction and the B button to collide. Ah well, a teardown and re-assembly should sort it.

You love list :D Why Im flattered :p - But Im spoken for (TV Im looking at you haha)

He's top of mine too ... what a hussy

Is it all the time or just when you press the button?

Make sure its not a faulty controller before you go diagnosing the mobo :)

Is it all the time or just when you press the button?

Make sure its not a faulty controller before you go diagnosing the mobo :)

o1s1n has it back at the moment, but apparently its happening with a joypad and a joystick, so it should be failrly conclusive. Ill try with my own joypad when I get it back from him. The mod involves lifting a leg from the CPU which is pretty damn small, so at first I thought I may have pushed an adjacent leg to one side thus creating a short. But o1s1n said he checked it out and there doesnt appear to be any contact issues. Ill prob strip the mod out and start from scratch to eliminate everything.

Ah the joys of unauthorised game console modification, a fool and his solder are easily parted :p

PS - TV is a hoe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gamerdude767

Some Recent Pictures From A Few Customers From my Modding Business.. www.theukmodshop.co.uk

PC3108201.JPG
    PC310816%20copy.JPG
    PC310817%20copy.JPG
    DSC00227%20copy.JPG
    P1030821%20copy.JPG
    P1100827%20copy.JPG
    P1100825%20copy.JPG

And Finally A Picture Of My Desk While Working On These Customers Controllers...

P1270838%20copy.JPG

Scott :cool:

You love list :D Why Im flattered :p - But Im spoken for (TV Im looking at you haha)
    PS - TV is a hoe.

I've been so busy hoe'ing around I only noticed these messages now. Great to see mah b*tches displaying the love :D

Lads I'm bumping this now because we are removing the thread as a sticky, & if unbumped now it will disappear into the bowls of the forum (no new posts since April '10).

Get your cameras out folks!

Another Sega GameGear, this one didn't warrant it's own thread though. I was able to fix the sound board on this one, after a bit of fault finding. I done a cap kit on this one exactly as I did one on o1s1n's, but this one still had no sound after the kit was installed.

Tim from gamebits, send me a pinout of the sound processor involved - http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/1464.pdf From this I was able to see where input voltage & grounds should be. All the grounds checked out find using the continuity check on a multimeter, but measuring for voltage revealed there was no power being fed to the chip.

Power was on the correct pin on the cable, but obviously there was a breakdown on the board somewhere meaning it wasn't getting to the chip. I simply ran a bypass from the pin off where the cable plugged onto the board, to the underside of the pcb where the leg of the chip was. Voila, sound was restored straight away :)

5caplz.jpg

I also done an LED backlight mod on this GameGear. The mod is quite easy to do, but it's difficult to get rid of the bright spots where the leds are closest to the screen. It didn't turn out too bad & I got rid of it mostly (the bit in the middle is a reflection).

vsl5dh.jpg

\Attenborough voice - As we see now, this Falcon taking a dump, we really are priviledged to see such a rare species in the wild. We all know, that this species, is on the verge of extinction. Poaching, & updates have reduced the numbers of this species to near extinction... /Attenborough voice

2hovbe9.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How the heck do you know which one you've got without opening her up?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How the heck do you know which one you've got without opening her up?

I've never owned a 360 that hasn't been opened so I'm not really sure :o HDMI & production date usually gives somewhat of an idea, but I'm not 100% sure you can conclusively id the mobo without operating :p

I put that info in the FAQ, don you read it :mad: ....:pac:

dnfmv5h_32g3fxpcg4_b.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

two pictures which I took today:

_MG_4275.jpg
    This is a X360 Falcon CPU reballed with Pb balls. I pulled it off from exploitable console which I made mess of and gave to my mate for reballing. Neat job isn't it?

_MG_4280.jpg
    This is just simple hw switch for slim ps3 which I made of old power cable and a power switch out of fat ps3. Sticked it behind one of the tv cabinet legs near the console. Handy thing.

docentore wrote: »
    two pictures which I took today:

_MG_4275.jpg
    This is a X360 Falcon CPU reballed with Pb balls. I pulled it off from exploitable console which I made mess of and gave to my mate for reballing. Neat job isn't it?

This picture, I adore <3

• Advertisement
Advertisement