Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Picture thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why, hallo thar!

fu9j5k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Hey TV, someone sticked the warranty sticker on the faceplate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

docentore wrote: »

I was just about to post whats going on with the unboxed one second from the left?? It's like a console caught with its pants down or something :D

Neat job isn't it?

And now I know what reballing is :o:P Its like the resetting of the LGA on a drop in processor sort of.

Those guys at Microsoft are really slacking :p BTW, those aren't empty boxes, they're full - I have a problem :o

Those guys at Microsoft are really slacking :p BTW, those aren't empty boxes, they're full - I have a problem :o

too many gaming consoles in one room is not a problem ;)

some people are collecting post stamps, sport cars, CDs, JTAGable Xbox's and I... found new hobby.

I started to collect PS3 magic dongles (hate this Jailbreak this, Jailbreak that - magic dongle sounds ok, what do you think?).

_MG_4307.jpg

From left:
    1. home made PIC18F2450 device which I made for Jtagging xbox's but it didn't want to find my nand, working ok with ps3;
    2. PSYes - nice looking AT90USB162 based with bootloader function, when plugged into pc after 20s it goes automatically to DFU mode.
    3. P3 Go - supposed to be one of the best (I actually regret that I didn't get P3Max instead of this, but what the hell, that might be my next item in collection ;))
    4. Teensy 2.0 + mSD card adapter.

You have four, and I don't have one. This isn't right :p

You have four, and I don't have one. This isn't right :p

you have tryzilion jtagged x360, I own only two :D

• Advertisement

I was originally going to create a thread for this, but Supercell's guide on it is so comprehensive, there isn't much point in having another one.

Augmerson's Xbox got EnterNow'd, using Ndure softmod method as detailed in Supercell's thread. I supervised, while my eight year old carried out most of the work - that's the difficulty level we're talking about here.

Console

34odlkz.jpg

Once modded, after the original bios screen loads, UnleashX boots. It's a replacement dash used for basically launching programes, file explorer functions, etc etc.

n62kox.jpg

The famous & rightly so, XBMC

15qdbf8.jpg

NES goodness

fejj8l.jpg

SNES goodness

2vxinus.jpg

Mega goodness

2zejpyf.jpg

That's it folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Just saw this thread now :) thought I would share my old modded Debug Xbox.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143643&stc=1&d=1295200298
    This is it, dusty now as I'm not using it anymore for XBMC as I'm using a netbook style desktop machine for that.

When I originally got this Xbox, the debug kit didn't have any mods/hacks for it as the standard Xbox. I believe it came from someone who was an original Xbox Live tester, very cloak and dagger kind of deal.

I did play around with the debug kit software and tried some swap hacks but borked the HDD :) I found someone who wanted to swap a standard Xbox for the internals so I took it.

The orignal debug motherboard had 128mb of RAM, the consumer motherboard had 128mb of RAM. I used to play a lot of MAME on this machine so I had an additional 64mb of RAM added. Only used by programs written for it.

It used to use Avalaunch but now boots directly to XBMC.

I also installed a replacement DVD drive, a consumer one with an added board to connect up to the Xbox. Means it can read all types of media with no problems.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143645&stc=1&d=1295200298
    This machine has a 'CheapMod' I made years ago. The v1~ Xboxes were super easy to mod. This is the switch to turn the custom bios on/off. The custom bios has a custom logo when it boots, displays 'KeRbDoG' under the Xbox logo :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=143644&stc=1&d=1295200298
    There is an addon board in side this Xbox for remote power on/off with the standard Xbox1 remote. Great for XBMC'ing from the couch!
    This is the IR sensor for it, clean install I thought.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143646&stc=1&d=1295200298
    For a short time I had a big amp setup, since given to my bro. To get a digital signal out of the Xbox without the AV kit I installed this. Very easy install, with switch to turn it on and off via the AV connector on the mobo.

I think thats everything :cool:

Aw Kerb, I want that machine! :( I'm confused though, what did you mean you found someone to swap the internals? Surely thats not a standard xbox in a dev case?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Aw Kerb, I want that machine! :( I'm confused though, what did you mean you found someone to swap the internals? Surely thats not a standard xbox in a dev case?

Yes, kinda :)
    Its the same spec as a Debug Kit machine but has a non-debug bios now. I'm kinda annoyed that I did swap the mobo but the old mobo/hdd didn't work anymore due to a swap trick mishap.

3 types of original Xboxes;
    -Retail - cheap as chips
    -Dev Kit - more expensive
    -Debug Kit - super expensive

Your thinking of the Xbox Dev Kit, this machine was a Xbox Debug Kit machine. Was/is smaller than the Dev Kit. The Dev Kit has additional hardware/case on top with a connector for a DVD driver emulator etc.

The Debug units had the additional memory for debug operations and a debug bios.

This reminds me of my old Xbox with 1.4Ghz CPU... So much time put into it, so much fun, but used mostly as XBMC machine and when 1080p TV arrived I had to find something stronger. Still have 2 unmoddded in my closet, I might do one with 128mb one.

This reminds me of my old Xbox with 1.4Ghz CPU... So much time put into it, so much fun, but used mostly as XBMC machine and when 1080p TV arrived I had to find something stronger. Still have 2 unmoddded in my closet, I might do one with 128mb one.

Always wanted to have the 1.4Ghz CPU installed but didn't have the cash at the time. Might look into do it in the near future now yea have reminded me :)

• Advertisement

between you and me, it was nice to have it, but not worth the money. Not with all the emus (almost) available for x360 and ps3 now or in the near future.

Yea, but its the 'just because' want in me. Wonder if there is a cheaper way of doing it now. Seem them for sale still for $480~

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Yea, but its the 'just because' want in me. Wonder if there is a cheaper way of doing it now. Seem them for sale still for $480~

I know the feeling. There is no cheaper way than sending board to Trusty. Maybe if you could find an original DreamXbox and bought from someone who doesn't have a clue what he has :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Some pics here of my RROD experience :eek:

It got
    RROD for no reason, then went on fire and decided to work again, Its still working

So i decided to put a window in to keep an eye on it:)

20101003266.jpg

20101009273.jpg

DSC04926.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Have been wanting to cut up my Xbox for ages how did you do that?

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »
    Have been wanting to cut up my Xbox for ages how did you do that?

Who, Me?

Who, Me?

Nobody else has pictures of holes cut in their 360's lid :p Is it a replacement lid or did you do it manually?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Nobody else has pictures of holes cut in their 360's lid :p Is it a replacement lid or did you do it manually?

I didn't know if he was talking about the original Xbox further up,

I bought a RROD 360 and used the lid from that, I marked it out then drilled lots of holes to cut out the basic shape then sanded it for hours:)
    Then put in the Perspex and the new fan

Another PSP shell replacement, this time I decided to leave the old black buttons in place. I think they go well with the white shell

2v2wch0.jpg

2d7dk08.jpg

152871.jpg

:cool: :pac:

GPU and Motherboard prepared and cleaned for reballing :)

http://m.flickr.com/photos/60998373@N02/5556851127/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

GPU and Motherboard prepared and cleaned for reballing :)

http://m.flickr.com/photos/60998373@N02/5556851127/

Looks like you lost a pad in the very bottom left corner of the gpu :p
    What machine are you using ?

It's actually just the lighting I think all the pads are intact I'm using an Achi IR Pro SC

Fair play to you so :D
    Was that your first crack at reballing ?
    Have you got the chip attached back onto the board yet ?
    Whats the heating like on the achi is it even ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

It's actually just the lighting I think all the pads are intact I'm using an Achi IR Pro SC

Did you buy this used, off jay007 ?

• Advertisement

That was my first crack at it yes turns out there was problems with the Ram chips also, GPU is reattached with lead solder. Achi is a brilliant machine it did need some tweaking in the beginning I had a few scrap boards to practice on thankfully, I am now lifting chips with no popcorning at all it's got a large bottom preheater with four ceramic plates the bottom heat works independent from the top heater definitely a great entry-level machine

One of these on the way also, the standard iron just doesn't cut it anymore.

%21CDE2nwQ%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqZ,%21hQE0fktnbWbBNN%28lH%28Z%28%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

One of these on the way also, the standard iron just doesn't cut it anymore.

%21CDE2nwQ%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqZ,%21hQE0fktnbWbBNN%28lH%28Z%28%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Ah here lads, my Maplin soldering iron, lpt jtagging method & dinner tray just don't cut it for modding anymore :D

LOL

Yee can now welcome EnterNow to Yee Ol' Boxxdr Knighthood

307ugdt.jpg

You have to love the elegance of the solution, its very very nicely figured out.

Seen this mod on here before but not sure what thread, it's a repaired RROD Zephyr JTAG with SATA Data and SATA Power connections wired externally to connect any 2.5"/3.5" SATA drive, I've done this for a customer and I'm kind of jealous of it :rolleyes:

New custom case I'm working on more pics to follow I have a ****load of sanding to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobdole968

IMAGE_005_1.jpg
    IMAGE_006_1.jpg
    IMAGE_007_1.jpg

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What is that!?

cat-its-beautiful-757604.jpg

i call it the ylod preventor 3000 :D
    all i did was take apart an old modded pc and use the components on the ps3
    i only had to take of the top cover of the ps3 so there is no damage done to it and the fans were put on with a small bit of super glue.
    i used the psu to power the fans. connect the green and black wire to activate the psu. the fan at the back was a hard-drive cooler fan
    all i did was turn the 3 small fans the other way around so it was blowing the hot air out of the ps3.
    the whole setup didnt cost my anything. just find an old pc and build your own ylod preventor 3000.

Man you got to get that PSU out of there, its sitting on the PS3 psu so i'd imagine they would get a little toasty :P

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-sata-ide-cable-set-474
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/molex-4-pin-1-to-3-splitter-power-cable-20cm-length-51811

Should do the job

the psu isnt drawing that much wattage so it doesnt heat up and there is a fan in the psu itself. no heat problems so far.
    i just didnt want to spend money on it but if i was i would buy a 12v 4+amp dc adapter instead of the pc psu

Point well made :o

• Advertisement

bobdole968 wrote: »
    IMAGE_005_1.jpg
    IMAGE_006_1.jpg
    IMAGE_007_1.jpg

Not being smart but what would have been way more effective and alot tidier looking would to have just 12v modded the internal fans.
    The stock fan can cool the gpu and cpu directly which is way more effective than case fans

look at the failure rate of ps3s the stock internal fans are poor at best
    truth be told the 2 side fans were not necessary but the back fan was.
    like a pc the idea is just to suck the hot air out faster even though the cpu/gpu are already cooled.
    i also think adding ps3 usb fans are a bad idea aswell for the motherboard.
    bottom line is i shouldn't have had to do any of this crap Sony did a poor job on the cooling systems of the ps3. and the xbox aint much better.
    theres no way i can justify spending 100s of euros on a water cooling system or whatever thats sonys job.

The stock fans are poor because sony dont run them even a third as fast as they can run.
    Its the same principal as the 360 12v fan mod.
    Both systems stock fans can run twice as fast if not three times as fast as they already run.
    The faster the fans run the better cooled the system is.
    The stock fans run on full speed will outperform any case fan you can stick on it
    The only downside is its a bit loud.
    If both company's ran there fans a bit faster they wouldn't have have as high a failure rate as they do have

Finally modded my Xbox controller with a USB port, now I just need Splinter Cell and that Memory Card I ordered :D

Painting fun with an original xbox :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement