Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Picture thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stanleytli

docentore wrote: »
    Take off heatsinks, clean the crappy thermal paste and put some Arctic Silver.

My xbox doesn't have dvd and its open, prefer this way.
    Slim or phat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

stanleytli wrote: »
    Slim or phat?

Both, I don't think thermal compound used in any of them would be better than AS5.

Both, I don't think thermal compound used in any of them would be better than AS5.
    I will try AS5 with slim, but it won't be massive improvement.
    Everywhere people notice similar temperatures (70 deg).
    50 deg. for phat jasper with dvd & cover it's quite good result in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

stanleytli wrote: »
    I will try AS5 with slim, but it won't be massive improvement.
    Everywhere people notice similar temperatures (70 deg).
    50 deg. for phat jasper with dvd & cover it's quite good result in my opinion.

your not going to be getting massive improvements,
    You must realize that the cpu and gpu are in one chip which means the chip is going to run hotter than the old xboxs.

The cpu is a very hot running chip

Another Slim done:D
    Booting times 4-5 to 10 sec.

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

New addition to the workshop for those small jobs

326606_238626522871385_195149467219091_618411_1543948727_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

183991.jpg

Caps for Jaspers, goodbye slow boot times :) Guy I bought off can't count - I ordered 20 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

justryan wrote: »
    Not sure if the Team is relevant in identifying the motherboard type but my Trinity motherboard was made by the ADÚR Team and the Corona motherboard was made by FDOU, does anybody else have the Trinity Xbox with the original box?

384017_233314923402545_195149467219091_607550_219685374_n.jpg

That's not a good way of checking. I've a Trinity that was made by FDOU Team. Unfortunatly the only way is to open the box and check xbox power ratings.

When removing the vented sides from the case, be careful at the side with the eject button on the front and don't put your screwdriver down the hole leading to the faceplate because while there's no clip there, you could scratch the trace like I did and kill the eject button. Thankfully I wasn't too heavy handed though the horizonal mark was my screwdriver severing the trace (they're very thin).

The repair was achieved by cleaning the area with some rubbing alcohol and using a pencil (yes, a graphite HB pencil) to join the two broken bits together across the gap.

th_slim_eject_trace_repair.jpg

^-- Click for big

The repair was achieved by cleaning the area with some rubbing alcohol and using a pencil (yes, a graphite HB pencil) to join the two broken bits together across the gap.
    Like overcloking old AMD Athlon processors:p, good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

378170_245272192206818_195149467219091_631944_538547142_n.jpg

On my fourth successful reball I booted the Xbox 360 to find an exploitable blades dashboard, it's just a shame its not mine :(

On my fourth successful reball I booted the Xbox 360 to find an exploitable blades dashboard, it's just a shame its not mine :(

I flashed one of my Jtag's back to stock one day and remembered how nice the blades dashboard actually was. But saying that i like the new dashboard as well. I think it's down to the fact that change is always good. Like you get so used to the same dashboard and when you see a different one or an older one your like their actually quite cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think it's down to the fact that change is always good

Oh I dunno about that :)

While change can be a good thing, sometimes it can work the wrong way & make things worse. I actually liked that blade dash, the new one while it looks pretty, is just dull. Fsd sorted that out though :)

I would ask customer what is he planning to do with the xbox and if he is willing to swap it for another, you could give him discount etc. I did that before, and most people were fine with that

I would ask customer what is he planning to do with the xbox and if he is willing to swap it for another, you could give him discount etc. I did that before, and most people were fine with that

Almost brings a tear to the eye knowing that the customer will update it and ruin any chance of turning it into a jtag

Almost brings a tear to the eye knowing that the customer will update it and ruin any chance of turning it into a jtag

Oh no...you couldn't be letting that happen! Save The Jtags! :D

EnterNow wrote: »

It's already packed into the box and ready for dispatch plus the invoice has been issued :(

Swap the console :)

It's already packed into the box and ready for dispatch plus the invoice has been issued :(

box can be opened and invoice cancelled.

• Advertisement

Swap the console :)

:D

lol, after RGH going mainstream jtags devaulated big time.

but I still remember those jtag hunts: tesco, xtravision sale. I think they still have loads of falcons and maybe few jaspers in clarehall - but who cares :P

lol, after RGH going mainstream jtags devaulated big time.

but I still remember those jtag hunts: tesco, xtravision sale. I think they still have loads of falcons and maybe few jaspers in clarehall - but who cares :P

I reckon the Slim consoles with the HANA chip will become a rarity they've no need for that extra chip as we have seen in the corona motherboards, they will become the new falcons/jaspers .

I reckon the Slim consoles with the HANA chip will become a rarity they've no need for that extra chip as we have seen in the corona motherboards, they will become the new falcons/jaspers .

Still plenty exploitable Jaspers out there, which I heard are more reliable than slims. Might be rumour though.

Still plenty exploitable Jaspers out there, which I heard are more reliable than slims. Might be rumour though.

The slims run way too hot for my liking

IMAG2805.jpg

Can I transplant this onto another console....

It's been a while, but is that a PS2?

It sure is, an NTSC PS2. I don't have a transformer for it, and there's a problem with the power supply board. I've tried to locate another one to no avail so I've got a PAL PS2 here. If I move the chip over it'll be region free again (and more fun than a softmod :p).

It sure is, an NTSC PS2. I don't have a transformer for it, and there's a problem with the power supply board. I've tried to locate another one to no avail so I've got a PAL PS2 here. If I move the chip over it'll be region free again (and more fun than a softmod :p).

Dunno about the more fun part, but you should find the soldering fine given your experience. PS2 mod-chip soldering can be very finnicky.

Just don't solder like for like, there could be alt points used if your PAL console is a different board revision. Yadda yadda, you know that already though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Just tought i would post a pic of my jtag

myxbox.jpg

Xbox 360 Dual Nand Round 2!

Donor nand is soldered on top of the onboard nand, ce(pin 9) of the donor nand is lifted.

418313_290230137711023_195149467219091_747895_1077185016_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

I was googlin alot 2day..thought these wer cool

PS3-Xbox-360.jpg
    console-mod-3.jpg
    imxbox.jpg

dunno if this is real.....not exactly impossible....... xtop.jpg

That last one is a ben heck job I think

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

denballs wrote: »
    I was googlin alot 2day..thought these wer cool

PS3-Xbox-360.jpg
    console-mod-3.jpg
    imxbox.jpg

dunno if this is real.....not exactly impossible....... xtop.jpg
    The last one is real and yes it's Ben heck who made it. It actually show you online how to make that labtop.
    Also was thinking for the stark industries Xbox it would look good I the mechanical hart was a fan

th_rareslim.jpg

Found this in a customer's console today - a drive so rare, c4e didn't even bother to make an LT for it. Good thing it was a trinity and it's glitched now

th_slimwarranty.jpg

Same console, another weird thing. Never had a console where the warranty sticker remained entirely intact on disassembly. Of course the inner one covering a DVD drive screw was there and was obliterated but still, made me o_O for a bit

• Advertisement

th_rareslim.jpg

I didn't even know Hitachi drives in Slim consoles even made it to Ireland. Like why did they even bother with Hitachi drives, would it not have cost them money to design them and in the end not use much of them.

5149c5907898436e00b4866ca047af49.jpg

Thats hilarious!

Thats hilarious!

I thought so anyway :D

Another Dual Nand Xbox 360 Slim, slightly tidier wiring this time.

Screw Demon and it's hefty price tag!

fe1gco.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Awesome job, Ryan

Awesome job, Ryan

If you do a dual nand like this you really need to hard wire an SPI flasher in there as well to save you opening the console each time theres an update.

XNandHealer, this little program saved my dual nand Xbox 360 definite must have for the Xbox modder!

28k283o.png

Xbox Slim internal SPI programmer

10f7yb5.jpg

Lastly I'll add an LED to this Xbox, green for live safe, red for glitch :D

Awesome, will you be selling it? :D

cisk wrote: »

Yup I might sell this when it's finished :D what's a good price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

cisk wrote: »

Yup I might sell this when it's finished :D what's a good price?

Interested in this

There's a couple more things to do to make it on par with the demon, a simple LED to show which nand is selected, would be wired either to the left or right ground on the switch would draw power from the vcc on the coolrunner or any other 3.3v source.

Also needs an smc reset circuit, to clear the smc so don't you dont have to pull the power from the back each time you toggle the switch.

If anyone could make sense of the following diagram, I would be able to add the smc reset.

th_SMC_reset.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

are these worth anything have one here ?

kevin-46 wrote: »

are these worth anything have one here ?

Definitely it's more than likely exploitable with the jtag hack, which was patched after the 2.0.7371 dashboard

• Advertisement
Advertisement