Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sectioning off parts of a Professionally made DVD (Legally))

Options
  • 15-12-2009 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupidly easy thing to do or if this has already been explained or if i am in the wrong section!

I am trying to upload a portion of a DVD to YouTube. It is of a dance that I choreographed and I am trying to show it to a different choreographer in Australia. The DVD was made by a professional filming guy who made a DVD of the show for sale. He said I can put the dance on YouTube and my mother is the owner of the show/studio/DVD rights so it's all completely allowed, I promise.....

..........Problem is, I paid for a DVD ripping programe and when I used it the whole DVD came up as a section. I have tried alot of trial rippers and have used them on other DVDs to see what happened - basically where the other DVDs go in to smaller mini sections my one doesn't. I only need 4 mins of it.

If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate a post.

Thankyou

M

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You realy need to convert the dvd to avi format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jokermuffin

Hey,

Thank you for your post. I did change it to Ovi but it is still one big segment of a video, I don't know how to snip out a portion of it - any suggestions?

Thanks.x

M

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/downloads/download-free-video-dub.htm
    try this, don't let the software go online it just has adds.
    cut upto the start of the segment you want,then save-reopen the saved file start the cut at the end of your segment and remove the rest of the unwanted avi,-save the file, you will have the short piece you need in this file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupidly easy thing to do or if this has already been explained or if i am in the wrong section!

I am trying to upload a portion of a DVD to YouTube. It is of a dance that I choreographed and I am trying to show it to a different choreographer in Australia. The DVD was made by a professional filming guy who made a DVD of the show for sale. He said I can put the dance on YouTube and my mother is the owner of the show/studio/DVD rights so it's all completely allowed, I promise.....

..........Problem is, I paid for a DVD ripping programe and when I used it the whole DVD came up as a section. I have tried alot of trial rippers and have used them on other DVDs to see what happened - basically where the other DVDs go in to smaller mini sections my one doesn't. I only need 4 mins of it.

If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate a post.

Thankyou

M

Do yourself a favour. Download mpegstreamclip. Its entirely free and full of pro features. You can put your DVD into the drive, open it up with this program and mark an in point and an out point of the video and it will just rip this section to whatever format you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

+1 for mpegstreamclip

Advertisement