Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEF: Calcuating the real value to society of different professions

• 15-12-2009 2:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.neweconomics.org/sites/neweconomics.org/files/A_Bit_Rich.pdf

Personally I think it's one of those times when people set out with a theory and then found some anecdotes to "prove" their theory but no effort was made to actually "model" what's the cause of the inequality which might actually be useful to someone but meh, I thought some on here might find it interest to read or to tear apart.

Comments

Not the best paper I've ever read. Very narrow analysis over a very shallow time period and full of evocative, bolded text.

Why also are they attacking minimum wage as a failure of equality? I would not have thought that min wage was a tool designed to create wage equality, but rather to ensure a minimum standard of living.

The technical notes are a laugh as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ED 209

Seems like Karl Marx wrote it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

ED 209 wrote: »
    Seems like Karl Marx wrote it.

'Social Value'....socially necessary labour time? :)

Advertisement