Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anbody used Zooplus.ie?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Havn't used this site before and would just like some feedback if anybody has used it. :)
    www.zooplus.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Yup, use it and it's British version www.zooplus.co.uk (prices tend to be cheaper, esp. with the pound being weak at the moment).

I have always found it fine, but I have heard some people say they have had bad experiences with it. I like that they have a big range of stuff (I usually buy dry dog food) and deliver to the door. I do find it a bit of a pain that they can't really give you a ball-park time that they will be delivering, so it's a waiting game on your end - could be three days or could be nearly ten days, it really depends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

I've bought from it once and it's sister site www.zooplus.co.uk three times, mainly for food (dried and wet) very good value i found (check what you want to buy on both sites as sometimes .co.uk is cheaper - delivery free over certain amount)

my only problem was buying a crate to transport a puppy from here to the UK - they put tins of meat inside it and it cracked the crate in a couple of (not too important) places, but still able to use it, when i called they wanted me to send back the crate before i got a replacement, but didn't have time to wait as plane already booked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Thank you. You both have been very helpful:)
    I will go ahead and buy the item!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I always used zooplus for about a year then I just got fed up with them, they were constantly putting prices up, delivery took a week and the packaging .... everything just thrown into a box! Numerous times stuff arrived damaged, thankfully the DHL lad delivering to me was dead friendly and always repackaged my stuff to make sure it didn't get damaged anymore.

I order from UK sites now, it's cheaper and I get my stuff in 2-4 days.

Paul91 wrote: »
    I've bought from it once and it's sister site www.zooplus.co.uk three times, mainly for food (dried and wet) very good value i found (check what you want to buy on both sites as sometimes .co.uk is cheaper - delivery free over certain amount)

my only problem was buying a crate to transport a puppy from here to the UK - they put tins of meat inside it and it cracked the crate in a couple of (not too important) places, but still able to use it, when i called they wanted me to send back the crate before i got a replacement, but didn't have time to wait as plane already booked

Any large item they are supposed to send someone around to pick it up, I ordered a crate before, same thing it came damaged and they said they'd send someone around to pick it up, they never did and they send me a new one... again damaged but fixable. I gave both of them to my mother cos they never picked up the broken one!

Email them as soon as anything arrives damages, state it is too large for you to return and request they send someone around to pick it up, attach photos of the damage and they should just sent you a new item anymore, crates always arrived damaged, even if you order them on their own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

I order from UK sites now, it's cheaper and I get my stuff in 2-4 days.

ha-ya-said-what, which sites do you use now?

filo87 wrote: »
    ha-ya-said-what, which sites do you use now?

Food & Drontal Wormers, and all my fish stuff (they want €4 a tab here I get them £1.59 I think) - Medic Animal, free shipping on orders over so much

Dog food & treats, hamster food and other bits what ever is on sale is www.Pet-supermarket.co.uk , now they charge £13 delivery for under 25kg, but if you subscribe with them you get emails every so often with a code for free delivery and 5-20% off the order so I stock up then

and www.petplanet.co.uk is free shipping over £29 I think £3 shipping for anything under that.

Pet supermarket ships orders on euro business 2 day priority so I generally get them in 2 days, of course the latest order got shipped on the 11th and its due today.... usualy always late at xmas

Oh yeah can also say I never once had to contact customer services about anything being wrong, faulty or damaged. The odd time I've had to contact them to get a tracking number and they all reply asap, I can highly recommend Pet supermarket .... when you get the free shipping and discount code its an absolute bargain!

Dog food & treats, hamster food and other bits what ever is on sale is www.Pet-supermarket.co.uk , now they charge £13 delivery for under 25kg, but if you subscribe with them you get emails every so often with a code for free delivery and 5-20% off the order so I stock up then

If you drink Nescafe you can collect points to get 15% of pet-supermarket

I don't hhhmmm but my BF's mother does lol I cheat I just use the Puppy10 and get 10% off, it's a lifetime code so I always get it off the price :D

Love medic animal tho great for getting the arden grange, drontal, fish bits and other doggie medicines when I need them.

pet-supermarket doesn't stock acana or orijin phooey

• Advertisement

and www.petplanet.co.uk is free shipping over £29 I think £3 shipping for anything under that.

Orijen Adult 6 Fish with Sea Vegetables 13.5kg prices
    - petplanet £59.98
    - zooplus £58.95 (but they carry cheaper Orijin food that petplanet don't)

Try K9 Capers for Orijen, pretty sure they sell it and free delivery and 10% off first order and a rewards scheme.

Mine went off the Orijen so no idea where is cheaper, zooplus used to be when I was getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Love medic animal tho great for getting the arden grange, drontal, fish bits and other doggie medicines when I need them.

www.medicanimal.com is a brilliant site, they stock loads of perscription stuff (just get a perscirption off of your vet) and general food etc. Def recommend it.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

In Ireland Mollys Pet Shop (Mollys.ie) do next day delivery. They have Orijen and Arden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Perhaps there should be a sticky made for online shopping for pets? People could post reviews of the sites, delivery times, discount codes etc??? Would make my life a lot easier!!!!;)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Thats a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I use www.zooplus.ie to order Aaplaws cat food The Worlds Best Litter, feed bowls and toys, all have arrived in good time and good condition. I always wait until I can order over €100 so I get 5% off and free delivery.

Advertisement