Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club PULSE ID

Options
  • 15-12-2009 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

My apologises if this has been asked before - there is so much material on the new licensing system that it is difficut to search.

On the new form, section 4.3, it asks for the name of your club and the club Pulse ID. I've contacted our club secretary and he says only authorised ranges get a PULSE ID, not clubs ?

Anyone come across this problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

Quillo wrote: »
    My apologises if this has been asked before - there is so much material on the new licensing system that it is difficut to search.

On the new form, section 4.3, it asks for the name of your club and the club Pulse ID. I've contacted our club secretary and he says only authorised ranges get a PULSE ID, not clubs ?

A quick answer is your secretary has the wrong information, a club may apply for a pulse ID on the FRPC1 form which is downloadable from the Garda website,applications are made to the local Super.. it has nothing to do with your range being authorised..
    The pulse ID will cost your club 1000euro.

BountyHunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

You didnt say if it was a game club or a target club.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

Sorry - should have said it's a game club.
    We don't have a range, we have lands we shoot over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

We are a hunting club and i am the Sec of it and up 3 weeks ago we never had a pulse number. The local FAO rang and asked if we had one to which i said no, he rang later that week and gave our club a pulse number at no cost.........

Sorry - should have said it's a game club.
    We don't have a range, we have lands we shoot over.

just leave section 4.3 blank as it does not apply to you.

• Advertisement

johnner1 wrote: »
    just leave section 4.3 blank as it does not apply to you.

Can't really leave all of 4.3 blank as there is no where else to give club details and the club membership is needed for the license.

Do you mean just enter the club name and my membership number and leave the PULSE ID bit blank ?

Can't really leave all of 4.3 blank as there is no where else to give club details and the club membership is needed for the license.

Do you mean just enter the club name and my membership number and leave the PULSE ID bit blank ?

i would tick hunting in 4.2 and write your club membership details on a seperate sheet and staple it to application form.

thats what i did with my written permission as im not in a club;)

Thanks for the suggestion johnner.

Anyone actually tried this approach ?
    How have others dealth with this situation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

My gun club doesnt have a pluse number either, got on to the secetery and FAO and was told to just write down the name of the land ill be shooting in so i did, and got my licence a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Thanks for the suggestion johnner.

Anyone actually tried this approach ?
    How have others dealth with this situation ?
    That section is only for target shooting clubs, not game clubs. It says 'Shooting Range / Rifle / Pistol Club Details' in the header.

Your club does not need a Pulse ID if it does not take part in any of the activities defined in section 4A of the firearms act.

Do as johnner1 said, that's all that's required.

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies.
    Trickier than filling out a tax return !

Advertisement