Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool fc appreciation thread

• 15-12-2009 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Given the amount of negativity on these boards (some of it probably justified) about our current malaise am putting this is up for all those who want something different and a bit of balance.
    Posters who love the pool post your memories, your favourite goals, best wins, and what makes Liverpool so special as a club.

To start off Ray "the lej" Kennedy and his goal against Derby from seventies. This goal embodies everything that was magical about that team. Perfection
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyH3ZWC5UVE

Favourite player (by position) post Shanks 65 votes

Clemence
    0% 0 votes
    Grobbellar
    1% 1 vote
    Reina
    4% 3 votes
    Hansen and Lawro
    6% 4 votes
    Carragher and Hypia
    4% 3 votes
    Alan Kennedy
    4% 3 votes
    Phil Neal
    4% 3 votes
    Craig Johnnson
    4% 3 votes
    Stevie Highway
    4% 3 votes
    Ray Kennedy
    1% 1 vote
    Graeme Sounness
    3% 2 votes
    John Barnes
    3% 2 votes
    Terry Mac Dermott
    7% 5 votes
    Sammy Lee
    3% 2 votes
    Ronnie Whelan
    3% 2 votes
    Steven Gerrard
    1% 1 vote
    Xabi Alonso
    7% 5 votes
    Ray Houghton
    4% 3 votes
    Jan Molby
    1% 1 vote
    Steve Mc Mahon
    3% 2 votes
    John Aldridge
    1% 1 vote
    Torres
    1% 1 vote
    Fowler
    7% 5 votes
    King Kenny
    4% 3 votes
    Rush
    9% 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

A lofty ambition, fair play for the thread, but I suspect it will go the way of every other thread involving Liverpool.

Viva Rafa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

gimmick wrote: »
    Jesus Christ :rolleyes:
    our first dissenter. Didn't take long. this is a rafa out free zone. Like i said trying to strike a balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Put this nonsense into the Pool thread, this is the soccer forum, not a Liverpool forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Exactly. Do we not have a Liverpool thread already. Put your shiney happy people holding hands comments in there and leave the football forum to football talk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Put this nonsense into the Pool thread, this is the soccer forum, not a Liverpool forum.

And were else would a person post an appreciation thread for a well loved soccer team?

I like this thread, nice one

I love the poool even when they are loosing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

iregk wrote: »
    Exactly. Do we not have a Liverpool thread already. Put your shiney happy people holding hands comments in there and leave the football forum to football talk.

The victor meldrew clan is out in force this morning, its a thread on a soccer forum which is about appreciating a football team. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST IF YOU DONT LIKE IT

And were else would a person post an appreciation thread for a well loved soccer team?

If you wanna put youtube moments of glory days from a distant era then put it in the club threads like the rest of us do and stop cluttering up the main page.

The victor meldrew clan is out in force this morning, its a thread on a soccer forum which is about appreciating a football team. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST IF YOU DONT LIKE IT

Fair nuff

What a hero

• Advertisement

Fair nuff

What a hero

appreciation it says, why oh why, your a big boy now so stop acting like a child, you do not need to post and If im correct you do not have a say in what other people can post.....
    But then again it is a free country and you can be a [/insert word for immature] if you like!

Just dont post if you dont like it, start your own thread

Say
    The liverpool are **** thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

But it's ok to set up threads about the manager, the manager's dealings in the transfer market as well as every match thread & super thread. I think if there premitted then this should be two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Another reason why this forum is just becoming fanboiz warz. You need to be quarantined into your own hosted forum at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Also where the hell is Lucas on that list?!

I see King Kenny is leading the way at this early stage, closely followed by Mr Gerrard,

I have to say both of these player have given me some great memories, hurray for liverpool :D

Shankly or Paisley?

But it's ok to set up threads about the manager, the manager's dealings in the transfer market as well as every match thread & super thread. I think if there premitted then this should be two

Shur lets just have all the threads on the front page about Pool ffs. Rafa Benitezs job is a topical issue, as are match threads, fan boy threads like this are the reason super threads exist.
    stovelid wrote: »
    Another reason why this forum is just becoming fanboiz warz. You need to be quarantined into your own hosted forum at this stage.

Another reason why the club threads should be given their own forum, the overspill of their posters and the utd-pool shyte contaminates this forum.

stovelid wrote: »
    yeah but then united will want their own forum. Reason for putting this thread up was for balance. We have two threads devoted to Rafa at this stage. So for anyone who needs an occassional break from it come here.
    To continue the team of late seventies will never be surpassed IMO. Quality all round. And the key was movement, pace and variation. Dalglish and Rush a terrific partnership. Jockey Hansen terrific. Terry Mac a terrific eye for goal. And then there was Sounness. Goal against United makes him a legend ever more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

There is a super thread for these kind of discussions and popularity polls, reminisence etc. The two threads being pointed to as example of individual threads were both reasonable mini-debates in and of themselves and both originated in the superthread in the first place. If similar debates, that have genuine merit and provoke discusssion are brought up in Superthreads in the future we will consider giving them a thread of their own as well. There's already an Arsene Wenger one as an example.

This type of discussion belongs firmly within the Liverpool superthread though.

If anyone would like to discuss further, please drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I second the above from Iago. This forum is becoming a joke with the amount of pettiness.

Any issues then PM us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement