Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devi Storage heating problems

Options
  • 15-12-2009 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys

i live in an apartment and have Electric storage heating
    the last week it has stopped working.

The Devi unit in the Fuse Board has indicator lights these lights are flashing constantly
    i remember before this did'nt happen you either got a constant green light or a constant red light ! !
    i was wondering if anyone has ever encountered tghis problem before ?
    would it be a faulty Thermostat or something:confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

"If the light e and d flash alternativity the outdoor sensor is open circuit"

Try turning off the 6a control breaker, this should re-set the devi. PM me your email if you want a copy of the Devi instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cazze

when you say open circuit would that suggest faulty ?
    i did reset the 6 Amp breaker and the problem dissapeared but it came back again later

i will sent you a p.m for that wiring diagram(Cheers Aido)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cazze

Thanks to Aido for the Wiring Diagrams

Just before the Christmas
    I opened the outdoor stat and it was completely full with water and the Diode between the two connections had completely corroded which suggested to me this was causing the stat as open circuit,

So to bypass the out door stat i disconnected the stat cable and linked out the Terminals in the Devi Unit this seemed to do the Trick(well the unit stopped flashing)
    we were out of the apartment for the holidays but are back again and the problem has returned
    i.e Heat dose'nt come on and Devi unit in the board is flashing constantly red and green lights

The only heat we have is the boast option in the combi the second one in the room and in hall are stand alone and don't come on

Has anyone ever come accross a similar problem

would replacing the Stat solve the problem ?

Thanks for any feedback in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

you should be able to get a replacement thermistor 'ntc 15kohm at 25degrees'.
    not sure if shorting 9 and 10 'will call for heat'.
    a 50k resistor across 9 and 10 would approximate '0 degrees' outside

http://www.devi.co.uk/downloads/devireg/08095671.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Hi Cazze,

I would suggest replacing the out door stat, they are quite expensive to buy though.

PM sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement