Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years' Eve Bargain

• 15-12-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Any ideas of where to go New Years Eve for dinner or something. Other half is pregnant so drink wont be on the agenda (for her). Money is a concern too.

Didnt see any bargains... like to think of places like La Bohema, Bodega etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

bodega has its own website www.bodegawaterford.com
    also la boheme is www.labohemerestaurant.com

havent been to la boheme but ive been to bodega ,whilst the food is lovely its fairly expensive we thought(without any alcoholic drinks either) and the portions arent too generous,felt hungry again after a while.

lots of people have recommended la taverna to me,thats where im thinking of going next with herself .its on the high street,its an italian place ,and its supposed to have a great atmosphere and its inexpensive too.

the bistro up near the old cinema is quite good,relatively inexpensive and huge i mean huge portions,even a fat bstard like me couldnt finish the portion ,was like a dog :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I will second the Bisto, terrific value for the food compared to price.

I wouldn't be to sure would many places have them but if you don't mind eating early an early bird somewhere would be good value. I had one in fitzpatricks not too long ago and I was very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Not sure that its necessarily a bargain but was in Bodega tonight and asked about New Years Eve - they'll be serving a set menu for €39 eur, think it'll be the same/similar to the Christmas menu thats on now at the same price - that has loads of choice on it.

Bistro is lovely as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

anplaya wrote: »
    bodega has its own website www.bodegawaterford.com
    also la boheme is www.labohemerestaurant.com

Just a small correction the website for La Boheme is www.labohemerestaurant.ie

The one listed above is in California, nice but don't think that's a bargain unless you can afford to fly there for the night ;-)

sfmonet wrote: »
    Just a small correction the website for La Boheme is www.labohemerestaurant.ie

The one listed above is in California, nice but don't think that's a bargain unless you can afford to fly there for the night ;-)

oops, well im sure the op has more sense than that to notice my mistake,and try .ie.
    any helpful hints for him/her about their op rather than nit picking?im sure theyd appreciate it. :-/

oops, well im sure the op has more sense than that to notice my mistake,and try .ie.
    any helpful hints for him/her about their op rather than nit picking?im sure theyd appreciate it. :-/

Wow..I wasn't nitpicking, just making a correction. My post was lighthearted, so calm down.

still nothing helpful?whats it with sounding like a scouser now?

Hey you know what, there was nothing derogatory in my post or mean. You as a poster are starting to take this a bit too far when I just made a small change. I didn't call anyone any names or anything. There is really no need for that at all.

still nothing helpful for the op?.why not post something constructive as to what the op asked for?something along the lines of yeah,this restaurant has a fantasic early bird menu etc,cheap and cheerful blah blah blah,you know?rather than nitpick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

I would consider it quite helpful to give the op the correct web address for a restaurant that has been discussed. Sfmonet is right... there's no call for the smart-arsed-ness.

djsupreme wrote: »
    I would consider it quite helpful to give the op the correct web address for a restaurant that has been discussed. Sfmonet is right... there's no call for the smart-arsed-ness.

and as i said oops.im sure the op would have copped on to my mistake.all he/she would have to do then was change it to .ie. either that or enter la boheme,waterford into google ireland.was an easy mistake to make.sure whats the point in ya posting this?its nothing constructive.No call for the brown nosing.why not post something that will help the op?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

shut the **** up lads will ye

to get back on topic- i was in la palma last year thought it was really nice. price wasnt too bad either

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Clano wrote: »
    shut the **** up lads will ye

to get back on topic- i was in la palma last year thought it was really nice. price wasnt too bad either

Mod Note:

What he said. Without the swearing.