If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd surround sound and USB

Options
  • 15-12-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My mate got married and i am getting the poor unfortunate a new dvd surround sound. Dont want to go too mad on budget, under 300 pref.

I need it to have upscaling and also which is a must a usb to plug an external hard drive into to play movies/music ect.

Anything to reccomend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

hI Brightkane

Are you looking for a 2.1 or 5.1 type system for him?
    Would he, or his other half, mind having lots of cables trailing around the room?

can we tempt you with the HTS3377?

see link below
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3377_12/hts3377_12_pss_eng.pdf

This might be right up his street.
    USB input that handles movies, music and photos.
    DivX Ultra and WMV compatible.
    Upscales DVD's to 1080p

We sell it at €299.99 but with your friendly 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount its yours/his for €269.99

what do you think??

atb
    ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hey Ash,

Thanks for that, its deffo an option. Its says in the specs a usb key, i guess an esternal hard drive would be ok also? any idea of the size limit it can take?

Also can you quote me for a 2.1 with usb?

They have an 18 month old and I want options in case they dont want wires trailing.

Also wireless rear speakers might be an option, but again with usb.

Thanks again

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Brightkane,

There is no actual spec for the limit on the size of the external hard drive but obviously if you're heading into the TerraByte side of things they may take a while to load with the player. Generally any of the smaller hard drives up to 100 GB work fine with what we've tested in store.

We also have the MCD388 which is a wall mountable 2.1 system with USB and a wireless Sub. This retails at €299.99 but with your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount that comes to €269.99. Spec - http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/micro-system/hdmi-1080p-mcd388_12/prd/ie/

Also we have the HTS6515 another 2.1 sustem with wired Sub and wall mountable main DVD unit. This usually retails for €499.99 but we have it on special for €249.99. As this is discounted already there is no further discounts. Spec - http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/21-home-cinema-systems/hts6515_05/prd/ie/

Have a look at these and let me know what you think, Thanks, Nicola.

Hi Nicola/Ash

Thanks for that.

The HTS6515 looks nice, a couple of questions about it.

Does it come with a hdmi cable?
    How long is the warranty?
    is it multi region?

Also is there an option with wireless rear speakers from the range?

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Brightkane,

No worries, now in answer to your questions,

The HTS6515 does not come with a HDMI cable but we have them in store from €19.99.

The Warranty is 1 year on this unit.

And we can give you a code that will make your player region free (all regions)

Sorry but at the moment we have nothing in the range with wireless rear speakers.

Thanks again, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Thanks Nic,

Have you many in stock in dublin and is there one on display?

Edit - also are you sure on the price or doyou price match/beat.

Pcity have them for 190

I'll price match P/city

Best be quick though only 2 left.

Want one reserved?
    Ash

Thanks Ash,

Can you reserve for me and drop me a pm and i will see when i can drop into you.

Thanks for the pmatch, appreciate it.

Hi there

Reserved and pm sent

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.