Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dangerous pedestrian crossing

• 15-12-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Recently Dublin CC moved the pedestrian crossing from the IFSC to outside Busarus further up, due to Luas works. The big issue here is that they didn't move the actual traffic lights as well for traffic going southbound.

When the lights turn green for pedestrians and the traffic has backed up on the SB side, they've no way of knowing that they're supposed to stop for the pedestrians and start moving once the way is clear, while pedestrians are still crossing. It's only a matter of time before there is a serious accident here! Yesterday I saw a woman crossing with a buggy on a green light and as soon as she was on the road a car starting driving into her path!

This is complete and utter incompetence from Dublin CC!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

presumably you've reported the issue to them? let us know how you get on with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

This is complete and utter incompetence from Dublin CC!

Check their website,I think they have a dedicated office for that kinda stuff.....

In the meantime 1800 29 39 49 ...Its FREE to call......;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

I've emailed them about this, so I'll let you know if and when they respond.

Advertisement