Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Theatre - BYOB?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been to the theatre since they introduced this?

They seem to have gotten rid of their bar license and moved to a system where you pay an annual membership fee and they let you bring in your own drink:

Does this mean you have to carry your cans\bottles around with you all night? Do they have a fridge you can put your beer in?
    They don't allow you to bring in soft drinks but they do allow you to bring in bottles of vodka - seems a strange policy for a venue aimed at a young audience....

but I haven't been there since they introduced this so I'm speculating - anyone know any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

You can put drink behind the bar if you want but on a busy night you'd be as well off holding onto it. I've put bottles of wine in the fridge and never had any hassle. You might think you'd be carrying it around all night but if you have seats there's ususally someone there and you can just leave all your drink in one spot.

It's a great system. I love it.

I really hope this place is a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

loyatemu wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the theatre since they introduced this?

They seem to have gotten rid of their bar license and moved to a system where you pay an annual membership fee and they let you bring in your own drink:

Does this mean you have to carry your cans\bottles around with you all night? Do they have a fridge you can put your beer in?
    They don't allow you to bring in soft drinks but they do allow you to bring in bottles of vodka - seems a strange policy for a venue aimed at a young audience....

but I haven't been there since they introduced this so I'm speculating - anyone know any better?

Ive been down there a fair few times now and i have to say the new system is excellent. You can either carry your drink around with you or use the fridges. They sell soft drinks in the venue itself hence the rule about not bringing your own in.

I would definetly recommend checking the listings on their website before heading down. Their acts and music varies alot. I have seen and heard a massive mix of music so i would defo check what is on.

Apart from that the BYOD system saves alot of cash so happy days.

Advertisement