Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nightmare before Christmas

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the Tim Burton movie "The nightmare before Christmas"?

What is the youngest aged child you would let watch this?

Is it very scary?

It is rated PG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Like any Tim Burton film it's very dark

To be honest I wouldn't let a child less than 10 watch , and possibly even older . But then again I may be a little on the conservative side .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

It's a highly entertaining film and very imaginative. But as mentioned above the humour is quite dark and some of the scenes might be frightening for younger children. The stop motion filming can actually look strangely realistic at times. I would have said 8+, depending on the child of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's not that bad. It's been my 12 year old's favourite film for the past two years. There is nothing in it that I can think of that I'd be concerned about but as its PG I probably wouldnt let them watch it alone the first time just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

It's an excellent film. Slightly dark themed, can be a bit scary. I'd say 6-7 but it always depends on the child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That is on of my favourate movies ever and my kids love it too.

It really is going to depend on what your child considers creepy or scary, mine didn't find it either, why not watch it your self and then make a judgement call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Have to say I never this movie. Though I can appreciate its well made and very creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Just did a quick check and I saw it when I was 5 with a few other kids my age and none of us were scared at all

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

My fairy god-daughter is four and it is her absolute favourite movie of all time. She is very hard to scare though. Took her to Six Flags over the summer and never found a rollercoaster she wouldn't go on, (obviously the choice was limited in the first place because she's only four and they have height restrictions, but still!) I'd agree with everyone else though, it depends totally on the child. My cousin still has nightmares about "Watership Down".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Thanks for all the replies!

Advertisement