Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1 Glued to the bottom of the stairs outside JJ library

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Damit! It got me! I was so excited and had my hopes up for a 'free' cappuchino as a result of finding that €1. Bent over with a smile on my face only to fail in dislodging it and become the source of laughter for those watching :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

ha! I knew I'd get a boardsie with that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

dyl10 wrote: »
    ha! I knew I'd get a boardsie with that! :eek:

Was that you? You bastard! I saw it on the way out of the library last night and tried to pick it up as well, nobody saw me though so my dignity is intact :p

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Was that you? You bastard! I saw it on the way out of the library last night and tried to pick it up as well, nobody saw me though so my dignity is intact :p

Nah wasn't me, I wanted to seem cool on front of you guys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I have my trusty screwdriver, Ill have it off in a jiff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

dang it, I forgot to do that this semester.I'll grab some solvents and it'll be off in a jiffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Haha I saw someone fall for it after reading this thread about an hour ago. Funny stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Ive seen about 4 people fall for it. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got fooled in school by this trick once and i swore never again. So now, i give every coin on the ground a little kick before i go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

good work whoever did it. I saw it earlier but decided it wasnt worth nearly breaking my neck for a euro.

there was a 2€ piece glued outside the library last week that a whole group of lads were trying to get. If they did get it, it was worth about 30 cent each to them. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Any girl reading this should have no trouble getting that coin off: just use a bit of
    nail polish remover
    . Might work for some guys too. :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Or, you know, anyone in Chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I saw it today and was about to pick it up,then I remembered this thread.Boards saves the day(and my dignity) again!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

bnt wrote: »
    Any girl reading this should have no trouble getting that coin off: just use a bit of
    nail polish remover
    . Might work for some guys too. :pac:

Now I'm a scabby old cow. But I SERIOUSLY draw the line at getting down on the ground with a bottle on polish remover for ONE EURO

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Recessionary times people.

Just do it when no one's around,it'll be grand!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

this time of the year again eh :P

I saw it today and was about to pick it up,then I remembered this thread.Boards saves the day(and my dignity) again!:D

but it potentially lost you a euro! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thebrackster

It got me good !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Just use laser vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

I'm tempted to take a 2 hour round trip to UCD (at the expense of about 8 or 9 euro) and remove said coin. Just because I can.

Advertisement