Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a bit of help

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

basically i have this task to write a letter about basically how the public sector got screwed in the budget reagrding pay cuts. i have to agree with it. thing is im finding it hard to come up with points. can anybody give me a few points to talk about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Sorry boss, can't help you. I just saw a public sector worker (you know them by the smug look on their faces) out doing their shopping. I looked in their gold (gold, mind you) trolley and saw bread, milk, meat and sundries. Sundries! I can't afford beans, let alone sundries. After this, I followed them out to their gold car (gold!) and watched them drive out of the car park while at the same time giving everyone the fingers (dripping in gold, let me add).

So the only pointer I can give you really is to make it all up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

You could talk about all the bitter, sub-McSavage comedians who are coming out of the woodwork to offer "hilarious" observations on the situation. It seems to be an increasing trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is this for English class or something?

If so, I propose you disagree with the notion that public servants were hard done by. Disagreeing with coherant argument always makes for a better read than the usual tripe and given that your teacher obviously has a chip on his/her shoulder about it, getting a good mark will be all the harder - making it a more worthwhile educational process for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

basically i have this task to write a letter about basically how the public sector got screwed in the budget reagrding pay cuts. i have to agree with it. thing is im finding it hard to come up with points. can anybody give me a few points to talk about.

Call the PS help line on 1 800 BEARD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

who are you writing to, Santa Claus?
    He doesn't usually write back you know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

The answer appears to be, in essence - no. I suggest you have a quick read of some of the (many!) threads that are in the forum on this topic.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement