Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holy exhaust, Pass NCT?

• 15-12-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever used one of those exhaust bandages you can get from gun gum to get an exhaust through the NCT? couple of small holes in the back box so i went to get some of the gun gum putty but they had none left all they had were the bandages. Ive sealed her up and she's not blowing anymore. What do ye reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

should be ok as long as its airtight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I reckon a quick prayer to the almighty after the DIY repair and you're good to go. Best to get the section replaced after you pass the NCT though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

First time I've heard of someone using God to help them thru the NCT. Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have used them quite recently, havn't put a car through the NCT with one...

but they work a treat.... sorts the problem out and I wouldn't replace the pipe wither, have one one a section of pipe for 6 months now, not a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Cheers for the replies folks. Meant to update this sooner but the good news is she passed the NCT with flying colours. He did recommend changing the rear box in the new year though. Proboably wont be doing that as the car only cost me €100 1.5 years ago. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

barryfitz wrote: »
    she passed the NCT with flying colours. He did recommend changing the rear box in the new year though. Proboably wont be doing that as the car only cost me €100 1.5 years ago. :D

Out of curiosity what make/ model/ year of car did you buy for €100 and manage to pass the NCT with flying colours in a year and a half later OP? I assume you had to put a serious amount of work into the car?

year: 94
    Make: Volkswagen
    Model: Polo

Only work put into it was:
    Servicing (very basic didnt even change the plugs)
    Patched up a fist size hole in the door sill (€10 for paint) (wire mesh, newspaper, fibreglass and filler at no cost as I had them at home)
    2 exhaust wraps for the back box (€10)

It has been said it is a recession proof car :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Well wear, Polos are mighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Patched up a fist size hole in the door sill (€10 for paint) (wire mesh, newspaper, fibreglass and filler at no cost as I had them at home)

I'd second that! Fair going with it. It's very very few of us that are getting of that lightly these days. Guess they don't make em as simple as they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Now no one on this site will buy that car for anything more then €100 :D

• Advertisement

The-Game wrote: »
    Now no one on this site will buy that car for anything more then €100 :D

€99 it is so.. :D Only Jokin Im taking her to her grave.

Advertisement