Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinchilla

Options
  • 15-12-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just recently got a lovely Chinchilla, but I am having trouble getting aspen for the bottom of his cage in the local petshops. Is there anything else I can put in the bottom of the cage??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

For ours we use shredded paper as I get it in bulk from my sisters office and find that works well.

Don't use hay or straw we found it get quite farmy in smell which is not good for indoors. Now we only give them meadow hay as a snack.

BTW Petmania in santry had a good bit of aspen bedding in there when i was in buynig for my snake on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

The shredded paper you use is there print on it or is it blank paper, I use shredded paper for my hamster so always have some in the house.

Advertisement