Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators of boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

your post count is 240, have you other accounts here?
    Nope, I just don't post much.

I do read posts though, and I do see what the mods have to do.

Was just a thanks, no sinister motives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Aw... Lets have a group hug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What's that warm fuzzy feeling.....

bw = barry white by any chance....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ruu wrote: »
    I really need to find my replacements...:p
    The technology for your replacement isn't available yet.
    You can retire in 10yrs time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

bw wrote: »
    Nope, I just don't post much.

I do read posts though, and I do see what the mods have to do.

Was just a thanks, no sinister motives.

I didnt think there was anything sinister behind it, but I think you may be using a rose tinted computer display while your using boards.ie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I didnt think there was anything sinister behind it, but I think you may be using a rose tinted computer display while your using boards.ie!

Er no, we are great.

thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you sure?

For those of you who clicked that link and don't know how to get back, on the top menu, click boards.ie > Change Styles and select your preferred style.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

So, as its the festive season, I thought I would pass on my gratitude and respect. Fair play to you all, and have a great Christmas.

bw
    I live for posts like this - thank you bw, it means a lot to be appreciated the odd time.

Happy Christmas to you and you family. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

you'd be amazed to see how much the mods, well, "don't see eye-to-eye" with each other
    Good work Timey - keep up the mod conspiracy cover-up. ;)

Oh wait... did I PM you that or post it on-thread...?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

As general feedback - this is a note to every moderator on boards.ie

I hereby fully acknowledge the tireless efforts you all go to in order to keep this site running as a focal point for multiple types of discussions between multiple types of people. Mature, Immature, funny, sad, personal, impersonal - its all there and I think you are doing a great job of keeping it as a valuable place for peoples' exchanges.

I salute your efforts. I indeed salute the 500+ mods, spending countless hours keeping the discussions as worthwhile reading.

It is a somewhat thankless job, however, I pass on my thanks as I have benefited from information within these boards, no doubt I am not the only one.

I have been involved in a number of forums, and by far, this is conducted with the most mature attitude. I say conducted, not controlled or policed, however these actions are sometimes needed.

So, as its the festive season, I thought I would pass on my gratitude and respect. Fair play to you all, and have a great Christmas.

bw

Thank you bw.

And Have yourself a very Merry Christmas.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ruu wrote: »
    I really need to find my replacements...:p
    You can't be replaced Ruu. You're one of a kind;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

*awaits Ruu app on iphone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

How can we go around complaining about having to do a thankless job if people start going around thanking us?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

How can we go around complaining about having to do a thankless job if people start going around thanking us?

Show me this wonderland where we can complain.:pac:

Alexandria Rapid Tomato?

Alexandria Rapid Tomato??

Oh..

/I geddit..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Being a mod was fun, I recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Hooray for mods!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Dudess wrote: »
    Good work Timey - keep up the mod conspiracy cover-up. ;)

Oh wait... did I PM you that or post it on-thread...?

You whispered it into my ear during pillow talk xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

cheers bw. I was reading your post waiting for the "However", however, it wasn't there. Now that's what I call a Christmas miracle!

Advertisement