Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy hens/ducks?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Live in the Gort area and would love to know where can i buy hens or ducks. Just built a Shed and have it fenced in. Would like to start off with 2/3 hens and build my way up. Dont know anything about breeds but i have small kids and i would love them to experience the whole thing of feeding and minding them and see where eggs come from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

There is a guy in Craughwell selling four week old chicks - pm me for contact details. You'll need a heatlamp for them as they are still very young - they are very cute though.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

Theres a good Buy and sell area on the Irish Fowl website. Birds for sale all over ireland on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Emer98

Thanks a million for those replies guys. Will look into it v soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

www.donedeal.ie is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Come to the next poultry sale in Gort, not sure when the next one will be on but they are on pretty regularly. Lots of people come to buy and sell, it's a great day out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement