Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central heating boilder recommendations?

• 15-12-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

Our five year old Heatline boiler is giving trouble and I may just go ahead and replace it.

I would be grateful for recommendations for a replacement boiler. If I do replace it, I'd like to get something at the top of the range - the Bosch or Miele of boilers, whatever that is! :)

Thanks.

D.

Comments

Worcester bosch and viessmann, whats wrong with your boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Worcester bosch (greenstar). They're a little more expensive ,but you're getting more for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks guys.

Gary, There is a very annoying intermittent fault. Of the warning LED that lights up, the manual says: "If this LED is flashing, check burner ionization probe or gas flow."

Also, when the boiler is running, it doesn't run smoothly. i.e. it doesn't kick-in, rise to the set temperature, and stop. It tends to stutter a bit.

Hoping to have someone here today or tomorrow. Not too many who know about this make.

D.

Sorry i missed the reply, if you are still having problems you can pm me and i can give you the number for the technician that worked for heatline before they closed down, he's a friend of mine and tends to be very helpful or if you tell me what model it is i might be able to help you, i have worked on a few heatlines when he was stuck, Gary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Cheers Gary,

Got sorted in the end. Turned out to have been an air pressure problem.

Not so serious afterall.

Have a good one!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stocking

Ive simillar problem with my boiler (Vokera MyNute 14)
    First of all there isn't a filler loop on it so the only hack to top up the presure on it is by using the overflow route (I know. I know) . Otherwise it's gravity fed and pressure from the water tank up the attick is not enough to even give the boiler .5 ....
    the house is about 7-8 old and Ive to say the boiler always was working fine.

Few month ago the same thing started to happen - it'll ignite and work fine then stop and start and stop again... red light would come up... reseting doesnt help... then it might start by itself or say red light could be gone so it'll operate for a while. the most annoying thing is the way it's intermitnt. I can't figure out under what circumstances the boiler is not working. it might work for a day, and then not :) because of that I can't take an argument in say changing the PCB because I do not understand how it can be broken if the boiler still works. it's either broken ot not, isn't?

Now, there are only two options I see
    1) somebody who really knows how to diagnose the problem will tell me exactly what's wrong without having to guess-replace one component after another.
    2) replace the whole thing altogerther (work out to be too expensive)

can anyone advice me on how to go about this? regards

Advertisement