Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Gas Bill

Options
  • 15-12-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone else been expecting their gas bill from bord gais and not recieved it yet? i just rang them and they tell me the reading was done on the 3rd of december but i still have no bill! they were able to tell me the next bill will be due for payment on 29th of december and will be for €83. so they are almost a month late with the bill and all they can say is that they were within some 65day window for readings?

last bill reading was done on 29th october and bill issued on the 30th october
    this bill reading was due on the 25th november but was not done till 3rd december and i am still waiting on a bill from that reading which took one day last month but over two weeks this month!

this is not the first time they have completly stuffed up their billing system!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Got my bill this morning. Estimated and almost exactly the same as actual usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I registered online, so that I have access to my account information, before the bill arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

better yet.. i moved to flogas, no propping up ridiculous wage schemes for me anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

It looks like airtricity are venturing into the gas market soon.

http://www.airtricity.com/ireland/for_your_home/gas_form/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I registered online, so that I have access to my account information, before the bill arrives.
    i am registered online but the delay is with bord gais generating my bill so it does not appear online either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

Does anyone know how much their gas burner costs to run ?

I done a test and noted the reading on the meter
    Put it on for an hour........noted the reading again and worked out that I used approx €1.04 worth of gas.
    (If anyone wants, I can post how to calculate the gas usage. Can be a little difficult to work out, you need a bit of maths)

Doesn,t sound much...but this weather I have it on about 7/8 hours a day
    Which would cost approx €225 a month.

Does anyone think this is too high ?
    Have I a problem with my meter ?
    Or is this typical ?

Advertisement